13| The Movies

Chapter 13: The Movies

The sun was starting to set slowly and the sky was getting darker. It was about time to go to the movies, but we were still waiting for Matt so we could go there all together.

By the time he made his appearance at the park, Felix had already left. And despite all my desperate attempts to change his mind and make him come with us at the movies, he still chose his math assignment instead of us. And most importantly, me.
Because he knew very well how difficult it would be for me without him around.

When Matt arrived, he firstly greeted us, out of human decency, but right after that, he practically demanded the dessert he had ordered us to buy for him. The guy was desperate for sugar and it was pretty much obvious. I could see his eye twitching a bit.

"You have my dessert, right?" the hungry-for-sugar boy asked.

Boy chill. He looks like he can kill you if you say no to him.

"Yes, we have it right here." Sam handed over to Matt a plastic bag that had a small, carton box inside. "If we didn't have Mia nagging us about it ALL the time, be sure that we would have forgotten about it."

"Yeah, she didn't let us forget about it." Peter said as well, a drained look portrayed on his face.

And for the second time today, Matt killed Mia again. As he turned his attention to her, giving her the most breath-taking smile, that was even brighter than before. I could see that he acknowledged her more than before after this. And it's all because of a dessert.

Okay, wow. I wish I had it this easy too.

"Thanks." he said, smiling at her. "These boys wouldn't even bother to get me a dessert, if it wasn't for you. So, thanks for saving my cheat day."

Boy-

Do you even realise what exactly you have done right now?

How am I suppose to drag, for the second time, the melted jello, especially without Felix's help?!

This is why I didn't want him to leave me alone! I knew something would go wrong, now that he is not here to help me.

~~~

We are currently seated inside of the dark room. The movie hasn't started yet, so the boys took this chance to go grab some snacks.

A lot of snacks, to be precise.

And I actually gave Mia an empty  bag of chips for her to use to stable her breathing. Because she had still not recovered from Matt's behavior.

I made her sit beside me on my right, so I could keep a close eye on her. Simultaneously, I'm trying to count her heart palpitations and fan her some air with my hands.

She is aggressively breathing in and out, sucking the air out of the plastic bag, in hopes to compose herself. Due to this, the bag of chips is making a very annoying, loud noise, which is actually starting to irritate an old lady and her kid, sitting beside Mia.

But even when the movie started, Mia continued to use the bag, not paying attention to the screen.
And that infuriated the lady even more, as I could see her burning holes to Mia.

I felt responsible to excuse my pity friend to the lady, so that she would start yelling at us.

"I'm really sorry ma'am, but if I don't give her the bag to breathe, she's gonna faint." I gave the old lady an apologetic smile, to which she didn't return. Instead, her glare became even deadlier.

Felix, where on earth are you when I need you?!

I'm in the verge of crying due to me stressing out like crazy about the mulfunctioning girl beside me. Let alone, that I can't even share my popcorn with Ava, because she is sitting in the row right infront of me!