ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕋𝕙𝕚𝕣𝕥𝕖𝕖𝕟

𝙲𝚊𝚛𝚕𝚘𝚜' 𝙿𝙾𝚅

𝙲𝚊𝚛𝚕𝚘𝚜' 𝙿𝙾𝚅

"Hi, Jay." A girl said, waving as Jay, Mal, Evie and I passed. "Hey." Jay nodded, with a flirtatious smirk. "Jay." Another girl said, as they passed. "Hey, what's up?" He said, with the same flirtatious smirk.

"Why do you torture them?" I asked. "Just pick someone to take to Cotillion already." I added. "I'm going solo. That way, I can dance with all of them." Jay said. "Ah, you're the expert." I said, earning a laugh from Jay.

I stopped walking, causing Mal, Evie and Jay to stop as well. "Um, Jay. If you were gonna ask someone to not only go to Cotillion but also to be your girlfriend, what's the best way to go?" I asked.

"Listen," Jay said, placing a hand on my shoulder. "All you gotta do...is look like me." He laughed. "Oh, ha-ha." I sarcastically laughed, rolling my eyes. I then looked over and saw Mckenzie, walking towards us. "Hey, Mckenzie." I smiled.

Mckenzie's POV

I made my way over to my friends so we could walk to class together. "Hey, Mckenzie." Carlos said, with a smile. "Hey." I smiled back. "I was wondering...uh....If you liked the...carrot cake last night?" Carlos stuttered to ask.

"Yeah, it was good." I replied. Carlos nodded. "Cool. uh, uh..." Jay placed his hands on Carlos' shoulders. "Smooth." He whispered, as he pulled Carlos away. Then Jane walked over. "Mal, Mckenzie." She said. "I have an opening for a fitting at 3:00. Who wants it?" Evie asked.

"Me. sorry." Lonnie said, walking up behind Jane. She looked over at Jane, giving her an apologetic smile. "Perfect. I'll take you later. Okay." Evie said, looking at Jane as she and Lonnie started to walk away. "Mal. Mckenzie." Jane said, looking from Evie to us. "Yes?" Mal and I asked.

"I hate to keep bugging you guys but the decorating committee needs more answers. So as much as I hate to um...you know, um..." "Bug us." Mal said, finishing Jane's sentence. "Right." Jane nodded. "Yeah. Jane we would love to. We just have to get to class." I said.

Mal and I went to walk away but Jane stopped us. "You know, just nod if you like it." She said. "Okay." Mal and I said, as Jane showed us her tablet. "Chair swags, entry banner, twinkle lights, napkin design, table bunting, and you still haven't picked the party favors yet." Jane said, quickly showing us everything.

Mal and I shared a look. "Honestly, Jane, whatever-" "I mean, we can do chains, key charms, pen toppers. I kind of love the pen toppers, but, I mean, we can do all three." Jane said, cutting Mal off. Mal and I were feeling stressed about which fucking part favor that our eyes started to glow. Hers green and mine purple. We both took deep breath before give a force smile to Jane.

Jane looked at us with slight fear. "I say pen toppers. Yeah." Mal and I laughed. "Yeah? You won't regret it." Jane said, going back to her tablet. Then Lonnie and Evie walked back over. I can hardly wait to see what your wedding will look like." Lonnie said, smiling at Mal.

"Me, too." Mal smiled, then she realized what Lonnie just said. "Wait, what?" She asked. "The Royal Cotillion is like getting engaged to be engaged to be engaged." Jane explained. "I knew it." Evie signed dreamily.

"Everyone knows it." Lonnie said. Mal and I shared a look, because neither one of us knew it. "I didn't know it. How come nobody told me that? Is my entire life just planned out in front of me--" Ben then walked up behind me and Mal, wrapping his arm around Mal's waist.

I moved to stand next to Evie. "Hi, Mal." Ben said. "Hi, Ben." Evie, Lonnie and Jane said in a sweet girly tone. I rolled my eyes, stifling a laugh. "Oh, uh, quick moment." Jane said, pulling Ben away.

"Did you know about...it?" Mal whispered, pulling me to her side. "If I did, I would have told you." I whispered back. "I can't get married. I'm barely holding it together." She whisper-yelled. "I know. I'm sure you're not actually getting engaged...yet." I said. "That wasn't helpful." Mal snapped, rolling her eyes.

Lonnie, Evie, Mal and I then started to walk off to class. Mal stopped turning to Ben. "See you later." He said. "Okay." Mal nodded. I grabbed her hand as we walked to class. "I'll help you through all of this. Just like I always have." I said, giving her hand a reassuring squeeze. Mal nodded before we went our separate way to class.

***

I was at my locker, putting my books away, since I was finished with all my classes for the day. "Ready to go watch the boys practice?" Jane asked, as she and a few other cheerleaders walked over to me. "Yep." I nodded. Then I noticed they were all in their cheer uniforms.

"Here they gave us our uniforms, and I grabbed yours for you." Jane said, handing me the cheer uniform. "Go see if it fits." She smiled. I ran off to the bathroom to try the uniform on. I walked out of the stall, adjusting the shirt.

"It looks amazing on you." Jane gushes as she takes my dress from my hand, stuffing it in my bag. "Wait-" "We're gonna wear our uniforms when we go watch the boys practice." Jane said, handing me my bag. "Oh...okay." I muttered, slinging my bag over my shoulder, as we left the bathroom.

Word Count: 942