ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝔽𝕠𝕦𝕣𝕥𝕖𝕖𝕟

Mckenzie's POV

Mckenzie's POV

I was leaning over the balcony that looked down to where the boys would be practicing. Jane was standing on my right, while the other girls stood behind us. "All right, boys, let's line it up. Carlos, you're with me, let's go." Jay said, patting Carlos on the back. "Yeah." Carlos nodded, putting his gloves on, grabbing his sword, as he followed Jay.

All the boys lined up in two lines, facing each other. "Assembler." All the boys point their swords at their partner. "Salute." They raise their swords. "Lower the point." They point their swords at the ground. "Masks down." They use their free hand to lower their masks. "En garde." They all got into a fighting position.

They paused for a moment before they started sword fighting. "Keep your center." Jay said, as he spun Carlos around. "Whoa." Carlos exclaimed as he spun down the middle of the other partners. Jay, slides on his knees over to Carlos. "Eyes on your opponent." Jay said, as Carlos blocked his hit from behind.

"Up and over." Jay said, as he ducked so Carlos could jump over him. Carlos landed on two of the blocks before flipping off of them. "Damn." I said, staring at Carlos the whole time. "Watching your little boyfriend?" Jane asked with a smirk.

"Well, we haven't made it official so I guess he's not my boyfriend." I said, glancing at the ground in sadness. "What? It's been six months." She gasped. "I know. He hasn't even asked me to Cotillion." I sighed. "I'm sure he's just waiting for the right time." Jane said, wrapping an arm around my shoulders. "Yeah, maybe." I shrugged, watching the boys again.

Another person jumped into the fight, fighting with Jay. All the other boys back off to the side, watching the fight. "Get him, Jay." Carlos said, as Jay took his mask off, to get a better look at his new opponent.

Jay dodged a kick that his new opponent kicked at him. "Watch out, Jay." Carlos said, as the new opponent went to swing at him again. "Nice!" Jay exclaimed. They went back to fighting with the swords. The new opponent took the sword from Jay's hand. The opponent tried hitting Jay with the sword but Jay dodged the swings.

Jay then kicked his sword out of his opponent's hand, and caught it. The opponent took their helmet off to reveal Lonnie. "It's Lonnie." Jane said. "Damn, she's good." I said, as the cheerleaders and I clapped, cheering for Lonnie.

"Not bad." Jay laughed. "You should put me on the team." Lonnie suggested. Jay went to say something, stepping closer to Lonnie, when Chad butted in. "Hey...what? No, no, no. We'll be the laughing stock of the league. And what's gonna happen next? We'll have girls playing tourney. Come on, guys." Chad said, looking around at his fellow teammates.

I scoffed, rolling my eyes. "So?" Jay asked. "So? So have you not read the rulebook?" Chad asked, pulling the rulebook out of his pocket. "Who just carries around the rulebook?" I muttered. "Chad." Jane said, rolling her eyes.