ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕋𝕙𝕚𝕣𝕥𝕪-𝔼𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥

Mckenzie's POV

Mckenzie's POV

It's been a few days since my dad and I saved Audrey and today is Ben and Mal's engagement party. We were all chatting as we waited for the royal couple to arrive. "There they are." Evie said, nudging my shoulder. The crowd clapped and cheered, as Ben and Mal waved, making their way up the stairs and onto the balcony.

"Lady Mal and I wanna thank you for celebrating our engagement with us today. I couldn't be prouder or happier to call you my Queen. So...raise your glasses. To our future Queen of Auradon." Ben said, raising his glass.

"To our Queen of Auradon!" We all cheered, raising our glasses. "Speech, Your Special-ness." Carlos said. "Speech, Your Fancy One." Jay said, in a weird voice, earning a laugh from the crowd. As the crowd quieted down, Mal lost her smile. Evie and I looked at each other confused.

"I can't." Mal said, causing the crowd to gasp. "What is she doing?" Carlos whispered. "I don't know." I whispered back. "I can't be Queen of Auradon." Mal said, turning to Ben. "I can't turn my back on the Isle. We made a decision...to close the barrier forever. And it was my idea. But it's wrong." she said.

Evie and I smiled up at her. "I've learned...that you can't live in fear...because it doesn't actually protect you from anything. You never know where the bad is gonna come from. And you never know where the heroes are gonna come from either. Without Uma and her pirates, Auradon would be gone. And without Hades..." Mal paused, glancing at me and I gave her a reassuring nod. "Mine and Mckenzie's father." The crowd gasped.

"Audrey would be gone. We are all capable of good and bad, no matter which side of the barrier we come from. And that's why I can't be Queen of just Auradon. I have to be Queen of the Isle, too. And it's time that we take the barrier down forever." Mal said. "We can't do that." Adam said.

"It's up to us, dad." Ben said. Mal smiled up at Ben, before he sighed, looking out at the crowd. "I choose to be a King who moves forward. It's time for forgiveness. It's time for new beginnings. The barrier will come down!" Ben announced. "Yes! Whoo!" Carlos loudly cheered.