𝔼𝕡𝕚𝕝𝕠𝕘𝕦𝕖

Five Years Later

Five Years Later

𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚍 𝙿𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚘𝚗 𝙿𝙾𝚅

    "Maddison, no!" Carlos exclaimed, rushing over and taking the marker out of the six month old's mouth. The chubby little girl giggled, reaching her arms up, making grabby hands at her father. Carlos sighed, capping the marker before picking up his daughter. "You just like to make messes." He mumbled, pecking her cheek, causing her to let out another giggle.

    "Daddy, when's mommy gonna be home?" A little three year old boy asked, running into the living room. "Mommy should be home any minute, bud." Carlos replied, ruffling the little boy's white hair. "Mason!" Another little boy's voice shouted, stomping into the living room, causing Carlos to sighed, while Maddison giggled, reaching up and pulling slightly at her father's hair. "Did you take my dino again?" The second little boy, with blue hair, asked, crossing his arms over his chest, glaring at his little brother.

    "It's my dion too!" The three year old shouted back at the five year old. "No it's not!" the older brother shouted. "Cameron, you can share the dino." Carlos said, pulling his daughter's hands out of his hair. "But uncle Jay got it for me!" The five year old pouted. "And Mason's your brother, so you can share it." Carlos replied. "But it was mine first! Give it back!" The blue-haired boy shouted, rushing towards his brother. "No!" Mason shouted back, running away. "Boys, enough!" Carlos yelled, causing the boys to stop and turn towards their father.

    "Mason, give Cameron back his dino." He said, lowering his voice. "But I wanna pay wit it!" The three year old whined. "Well it's not you're to play with." The five year old remarked. "Mason, please just give your brother the toy." Carlos huffed, setting Maddison down in her playpen. "No!" Mason cried. Cameron continued to get angry as his brother wouldn't return his toy. "Give it to me now!" The five year old screamed, his hair lighting up in blue flames. "Whoa, whoa, whoa. What is going on?" McKenzie asked, setting the groceries on the counter, rushing into the living room, stopping next to her husband.

    "Thank god you're here." Carlos whispered, pecking her cheek. "Mason stole my dino again." He cried, running over to his mother, hugging her legs. McKenzie sighed, running her hand through her hair, before picking up her eldest son, walking over to her youngest son, crouching down in front of them. "Mason, why'd you take the dino?" She softly asked, reaching up and whipping her white-haired son's tears. "Because Camin never lets me pay wit it." the three year old said, looking down at the ground.

    McKenzie nodded, before looking over at her oldest child. "And Cameron, why won't you let Mason play with it?" She asked. "Because uncle Jay gave it to me. Not him." The five year old replied. "Okay, well, if you guys can't get along. Then I'll just take the dino and neither of you can play with it." She said, standing up again. "What? No!" The two brothers exclaimed. McKenzie raised her brows, shrugging. "Then show mommy and daddy that you two can get along." She said, making her way towards their bedrooms, searching for the blue t-rex they were fighting over.

    "If you go the rest of the day without arguing over your toys, then I'll give it back." She said, reentering the living room. "Fine." the boys sighed, dragging themselves back to their bedroom. McKenzie sighed, turning back towards her husband. "They only listen to you." He huffed. McKenzie laughed, walking over and wrapping her arms around her husband's neck. "You'll get there." She said, before leaning up and kissing him. The couple pulled away as they heard their daughter's giggles.

    "And how's my baby girl doing?" McKenzie cooed, reaching into the playpen to pick up her daughter. "No stealing dinos and fighting with your brother's, right?" She joked, smothering Maddison's face with kisses. As the six month old giggled, Carlos walked over wrapping an arm around his wife's waist, smiling at his two girls.

    McKenzie looked up at her husband, before sighing. "We're gonna have to teach Cameron control. He starts kindergarten in three months." she whispered, resting her head on Carlos' shoulder. "Yeah." He replied, kissing her temple, before leading her over to the couch. "How was your day, my love?" he asked, taking his daughter, who was reaching out for him. McKenzie sighed, letting out a tired laugh. "Stressful. They want me to become the 'official' Royal Adviser for them." She said.

    "And what did you say?" he asked, as his wife leaned into his side, resting her head on his shoulder again. "I told them I couldn't." She breathed. "I mean, I'm helping them with as much as I can and we have three kids, Carlos. I can't take on a job that's going to have me being away from you and our family all day, everyday." She replied. Carlos nodded, letting his wife continue. "And I know Mal's my sister, and I love her, but...I can't leave my family, my world." She whispered, turning her head to see the bright smile on her husband's face.

    She smiled back, leaning up and kissing him lovingly. "I love you." She mumbled against his lips. "I love you." Carlos replied, reaching his free hand up to cup her face. "And I'm glad I fell in love with Mal's Twin Sister." He added, kissing  her again.

Word Count: 915