What have I done?!

Bakugo's POV:

What have I done?

Izuku had just jumped out of the window, I felt a pull on my hair and I looked at the two small blue and red lights that flew out the window.

Me: Thanks, you two.

I ran and jumped into the tree outside my window, jumping from branch to branch and finally landing on the ground outside the castle walls. I followed the direction of the wind and looked out over the horizon. I spotted a small light in the woods, I wouldn't have been able to see it if it weren't for my eyesight.

Me: I can't transform but I can run...

I took a deep breath and ran down the hill and up the next, the wind was strong, it carried large branches as it blew throughout the kingdom.

Me: Is that a tree?

I dropped to the ground, avoiding a tree that was about to hit my head. Getting back up I wiped the sweat on my forehead and continued running.

After getting to the edge of the forest, I ran in, following the sound of aggressive, panicked ringing. I heard another voice, it sounded broken...

Did I hurt him that much?

I didn't know...

I'm so sorry Izuku

Me(Panting): You know... Izuku, you're a very...unpredictable person...

Izuku: *sniff* Can you leave me alone for now... please...

Me: Will you at least look at me?

Izuku: .... *sniff* I... please Kacchan...*sniff let me sort out my feelings....*sniff* I'll back in a couple of hours....*sniff* I promise....

I sat down against a tree and sighed.

Me: Can I tell you something?

Izuku: ....*sniff*... sure... *sniff*

Me: The last person who promised me something... got me exiled from my kingdom... they promised to always protect me... to always believe me... they were like a sister to me... it was that closeness that got me exiled, my mother and father believed her more than me, their son. It's why I don't trust the people here... Sure I miss the past... but... I had always wanted to experience the care you had given me these past few weeks. Yes, I was treated with care in the palace but it was their job, not because they actually cared... it was because they had no other choice.

Izuku: ... *sniff*.... I... Kacchan, I am sorry for what *sniff* you experienced.... *sniff* but could you really leave me alone for now... *sniff* please.... *sniff*

I didn't stop the tears, burning behind my eyes, I allowed years of pain to finally run from my eyes, my voice was filled with sobs.

The short omega finally turned around, his face flushed, fresh tears running down his face. He took a step toward me but stopped midway and took one back instead. It hurt, I'll admit to that but my waiting for him isn't getting us anywhere, I thought maybe if I wasn't too brash about it we would've been able to be mates...I know he knows of the changing mates thing, his face said it all, but what he doesn't know or already does, you never know with Izuku, is that I'm a man who doesn't trust people easily.

Sure I miss this place, but I didn't miss the people, no, I missed my peace of mind, the way I was able to fly wherever I wanted... My friends were just people who I was forced to be around, Kirishima would barge into my room and force me to go places, I just wanted to sleep.

But... I actually wouldn't mind doing it all again, if it meant that I got to meet Izuku once again.

Me:...I want you to stay... I'll stay quiet... just... don't leave me by myself...

Izuku: Kacchan... *sniff* you don't understand... *sniff*... I can't right now.... *sniff*

Me: Well... Can you at least try and explain why?

Izuku: *sniff* I'll try... *sniff* I... I can... Can't deal with... my emotions right now... *sniff*... you are making... making this harder *sniff* I can feel your sadness...*sniff* it's too much right now...*sniff*

Me: Do you know, where my sadness is coming from?

I sniffed and tried to wipe the tears.

Izuku: *sniff* no... but I can... can't deal with it right now...*sniff* It's too much... *sniff*

Me: It's you... You're making me sad.

Izuku: *sniff* me?

Me: Yea, you just flying off, hurt, I haven't felt so happy for so long and you just doing that made me...

Izuku: *sniff* I am sorry... *sniff* I just had to.... I can't deal with soo much *sniff*... so many emotions right now...

Me: If you didn't like me back you could've just said so...

Izuku: It's *sniff* It's not like that. *sniff* I... I love you...*sniff* but right now... I...*sniff* Kacchan please...*sniff* ... It's chocking me.... It's too much to handle....

Me: You still haven't told me why, you just explained it, it's what I like about you, you're complicated, not one to be easily explained... I hope you actually think about it... I'm going back, you seem to really need to be alone.

Izuku: Kacchan... thanks...*sniff* I'll be back when I calm down...*sniff* I... I prom.... promise...

Me: I know, it sounds like I'm controlling you... but... can you come back before my birthday? I don't think I can face them alone.

Izuku: *sniff* Ka...Kac...Kacchan... I'll be back... *sniff* in a couple... couple of ... *sniff* hours..... 2 ...at most..... *sniff* Just, please.... It really... *sniff* is suffocating... .right ... now.....

I nod and start walking back, slowly, just enjoying my surroundings, Em flew at me and rested on my shoulder.

Me: He sent you away too huh?

They rang sadly and flew up to my nose. They rested on it and stayed.

Me: How about we go back to that old meadow? For old times sake.

The pale orange light flew off towards the flowers we often played in after I got them, I walked behind the seemingly excited fairy.

Me: Em, I know I don't say it a lot... but, thanks for putting up with me.

My long-time friend flew up to my cheek and rested there, then they flew into my hand and stayed there, their light dimming softly.

Sleepy huh? We'll go back soon, I just want some me time...