3. Pluto

"Thank you for the ice cream, Seren

"Thank you for the ice cream, Seren." Jimin thanked his sister, unbuckling his seatbelt.

"Anytime, Jimin." She grinned, both hands on the wheel as she watched him exit the car.

He shut the door, walking the path to their parent's home.

Before Jimin was even able to enter the house, the door had opened, revealing a flippant Hana.

She ignored Jimin's appearance, heading straight for her daughter's car.

Seren just wanted to pull her car out of Park and race out of there at full speed, already dreading the topic of conversation before she even got to hear it.

Any conversation with her mother was absolutely brutal, it was like a living hell each time.

Seren rolled the window down. "What?" She asked, wanting to get their conversation over with.

"Where did you guys go?" She asked, her eyes narrowed.

"I took him out to eat, why?" Seren's voice was cold, annoyance already detectable.

"I woke up the other day and saw that he had pierced his ears." She mentioned.

Hana stood beside the passenger window, her arms crossed over her chest, her cat-like eyes disemboweled Seren with dismay as though it was her fault.

"So?" Seren asked after some silence.

Hana's jaw dropped, her shoulders as stiff as a cutting board. "Don't think I don't know you influence him. Look at yourself, tattoos, bizarre holes on your ears and lip. You influence Jimin a lot."

Seren just wanted to groan out in agony, they were talking about an eighteen-year-old. A very smart and responsible eighteen-year-old, and Hana was cognizant of that.

She simply enjoyed pointing fingers and nit-picking at her daughter's life choices.

What she failed to understand was how tattoos and piercings do not define a person.

"I've said this before, and I'll say it again, he makes those decisions himself." She elucidated slowly, sitting up in her seat. "If you seriously think I go and take him to get these things done for him, you are completely deluded."

"Deluded?" Her mother's eyes went wide. "He's repeating the same things you did, Seren. When you showed up to the house with disgusting ink on your back, and a jewel in your belly button."

"I was nineteen. I am free to make my own choices." She fired back. "You're so dramatic, honestly. You act like Jimin isn't a responsible teenager, the most responsible I have ever met."

"Well, that's true." She murmured. "I don't know why you couldn't be like that. Now, look at you. Living in my sister's old home, begging for money at night bars from drunk men, it's horrific."