35. Persuasive

"How is it over there?" Seren asked, holding the phone tightly against her ear

"How is it over there?" Seren asked, holding the phone tightly against her ear. "Is your roommate nice? Is the campus big?" She went on to ask thousands of questions, unable to choose what she wanted to ask him first.

Jimin chuckled, his voice light as always. "You're asking way too many questions."

"Well, I'm just very curious," she defended, taking the ends of her hair in her fingers. "So, tell me! If you don't answer each of my questions, this call will never end."

"The campus is really nice, it's huge. I think I might have to run a marathon just to get to all my classes." He joked, making Seren snicker. "My roomie is pretty cool, yeah. We haven't talked much, but he really isn't in the room often."

"Well, at least he isn't disruptive or nosey, right?" Seren pointed, playing with her lip ring.

He hummed in agreement. "I was thinking the same. I was a bit worried about finally meeting my roommate, but I ended up worrying for nothing."

Seren sat above her couch, curling up in the corner. "I'm just glad you get to go out and explore your options. Are you also happy with leaving for college?"

She was aware that Jimin always wanted to live on campus for college, but was he happy with his decision now that he was there and living out his wishes?

"I would say so. I've only been here for three days, but so far, I like it." He explained, setting her premature worries aside.

She nodded, chewing her lower lip. "That's good, I'm happy you enjoy it there. Has mom called? Or dad?"

He sighed, indicative of his annoyance. "Yup, nonstop. Mom keeps calling to tell me if I don't wanna be here, I don't have to."

Her lips fractured into a smile.

She was worried, Seren supposed, unsure of how a worried mother usually acted. It was behavior that she never experienced with Hana.

"I guess she just cares enough," Seren muttered, looking over into her kitchen, gently smiling when she saw Hoseok pour tea into a mug.

"We both know mom just wants to keep me coddled." Jimin reminded, clearing his throat.

"She's just controlling." Seren shook her head, rolling her eyes. "Just ignore her, dude. Enjoy your time at university, go to parties, stay up late, and drink coffee at two in the morning to finish essays that are due the same morning."

"It sounds like you maybe watch too many movies." Jimin advised.

She chortled, scoffing. "Do whatever the hell it is college kids do. If you need help paying for any text books or buying snacks for your dorm, I'm here to help."

"No, you shouldn't be helping me, that's not your responsibility." Jimin immediately disapproved, his voice rigid with demand. "You have things to worry about there. You just put in your two week, please worry about paying your own bills and buying your own food."