12. Swan Lake

Seren took a deep breath, taking a moment to admire the stunning reflective lake right before her eyes

Seren took a deep breath, taking a moment to admire the stunning reflective lake right before her eyes. She inaudibly gasped when she saw a few swans in the body of water, gliding peacefully and indifferent as they allowed the gentle winds to navigate their next destination.

It had been some time since she last visited that park, and she questioned why she didn't visit often. It was just a few blocks down from her house, all she had to do was take fifteen minutes out of her day to ensnare herself in what life provided, captured in the true magnificence earth had to offer.

Former days had been stressful enough, and thinking about it made her check over her shoulder every now and then, expecting to see that man she saw at her window days prior. Each time she did, she saw nothing but a few children with their parents, jumping and rolling around in the large green grass, cheering to themselves in delight.

Seren smiled, almost wishing she could do that again.

That would look quite foolish on her, a grown adult rolling around in itchy grass.

Seren glanced up at the sky seeing that it was a pale orange. The orange became much more aggressive the closer it was to the sun that was ready to relax for the night.

She wanted to meet up with Hoseok around that time, and he promised he'd be there. Seren just wanted to get there earlier than he would, wanting time alone to gather her thoughts, and have a lone moment with her and the view.

Seren sat on the small park bench, rueful that she didn't bring a sweater with her when she shuddered at the sudden winds that managed to slip through the thin sleeves of her shirt.

The flimsy henley shirt wasn't sufficient, rubbing her hands against the fabric.

"Do you mind if I sit here?" A voice cut into her poor attempt to warm herself up.

She turned, confused at the voice.

Her eyes instantly lit up like two burning stars once she saw Hoseok smiling at her, his hand placed against the arm of the seat.

"Hey, you made it!" Seren enthused lovingly, getting up from her seat to embrace the tall man.

After spending quite some time merely texting him, it was nice to see his face. Especially in natural lighting that the lounge wasn't able to provide.

She released him, grabbing his two hands. "Come, sit."

He appeared to be imperceptibly sheepish, almost as though he wasn't expecting her to rave over his presence, and tightly hug him as an old friend would.

He brushed his diffidence away, chuckling softly. "I'm sorry, did I make you wait long?" Hoseok asked, turning to her sitting body.

"Oh, no. Don't even worry about it, I came early on my own, I just wanted time to take in the view." Seren placated, smiling at his flushed cheeks.