32. Revisits of the Past

Having Hoseok at her home was embarrassing

Having Hoseok at her home was embarrassing. Not just because it was the first time he had ever stepped foot in her house, but because of how unkempt her things were.

She let her dishes pile up from two days ago, and her kitchen table had trash from the takeout she ordered that she never seemed to throw away. Her trashcan was overflowing too, but she never had the courage to throw it out.

Throwing it out would mean she had to go to the side of her house, and she couldn't stand being in such a tight and dark alleyway.

Seren was completely mortified by the mess she had, how she had no time to tidy up before Hoseok decided that he would be staying.

He didn't seem to mind, though.

He sent her upstairs, wanting her to relax and take some time to herself while he waited for her downstairs.

So, under his instructions, she finally washed her hair.

She was terrified to have to close her eyes but knowing that Hoseok was in her house eased her nerves.

She dried her black hair with a towel hung over the rack above her toilet, rubbing her damp hair against the towel. Once it was relatively dry, she dressed in her bedroom, throwing on an old faded long sleeve, and shorts.

Regardless of how cold it would get in her house, she could never sleep in pajama pants. She felt it was too much, too suffocating.

Seren combed her hair, staring at herself in her mirror with a blank face, listening to her thoughts.

She stopped when she heard dishes clanking.

Her eyes moved to her closed bedroom door, waiting to hear if Hoseok was still down there.

Her nails began to dig into her palm from her closed fist, petrified that her stalker might have broke in.

Seren's heart dropped when she considered that detrimental possibility, racing to her door and quietly walking down the staircase to make sure that Hoseok was okay, and her brain was simply overly paranoid.

She reached down to the last step, her hand clenched against her chest to keep her heart from bursting out.

Her clipped shoulders relaxed when she saw that Hoseok was washing her dishes, organizing them on the drying rack beside the sink.

She quietly huffed through her nostrils, her blood pressure likely spiked from the sudden marathon she just did.

Her eyes scoured the kitchen table, noticing that all the trash that was above it had vanished. The mahogany wood was finally clean, so clean that it was reflective, the linear pendant lights hanging above it gleamed against the authentic wood.

"Hoseok, why... you don't have to do all this." She couldn't find the right words, stepping over to him.

"Don't worry, Sen. I know you're stressed, so I took the trash out for you, and I just found myself cleaning everything else." He said, slightly turning his head to smile at her.