28. Overdue Conversation

It was difficult for Seren to focus at work when all that was coursing through her brain was Yoongi, and how she should expect a call from him, still unaware of when and where she would be when he calls her

It made her nervous.

Admitting that to herself was insane, they used to share so much together. She would tell him the things that were meant to be kept secret, and he would do the same. When it came to her having to tell Yoongi about Hoseok and her recently-struck relationship, she believed she couldn't do it.

She knew she couldn't.

It would be hard to get the words out, at least.

Then, she thought about how she would soon have to tell Hoseok about it. How was she going to have Hoseok meet her High School 'friend', it wouldn't be fair if she kept her past with Yoongi from him.

Yet, it would also make things so unbearably awkward.

She truly liked Hoseok, she didn't want things to go the wrong way just because she couldn't be transparent with him.

That's what kept her up most nights, her thoughts that never seemed to quiet down, seemingly getting louder once her head rested above her pillow.

There were also other things that kept her up at night.

The shadow hadn't shown up since Jimin stayed over. Seren liked to think that perhaps the man recognized that she wasn't alone anymore, she had somebody with her that could possibly witness his ominous presence as she did.

Something told her that he would be back, though.

Whenever he made the decision to make himself known again, the camera she planted on her porch would capture him. It would prove that she wasn't going completely crazy and that there truly was somebody stalking her at night.

Seren scrolled through her phone for a while, her back turned away from the window, not wanting to worry about him for that night.

On nights when it was hard for her to sleep, Seren would scroll through social media until she felt herself falling asleep with her phone in her hands.

It was the only thing that helped her sleep faster.

Maybe if she had a television in her bedroom, she would be able to watch shows that would help put her to sleep.

As time went by, she began to succumb to that heavy feeling in her eyelids, her phone slowly falling out of her hands.

It felt as though only one minute had passed before her loud ringer woke her up from her rest.

Her eyes quickly opened wide in fright, never expecting anyone to contact her at such a late hour. Startled, and extremely aggravated that someone would have the nerve to want to speak with her at two in the morning.