31. Decisions

Her life was perfect

Her relationship with Hoseok was thriving blithely, all that would play through her mind were the beatific moments they shared.

Things were almost too perfect.

It unnerved her slightly, realizing that her stalker hadn't been incessantly disturbing her, like before.

It had been almost a week and a half since Jimin last stayed with her. She tried not to even think about her stalker, the last thing she wanted to do was call upon his energy and see him on her property when she least expected it.

Which was why she continued to keep her guard, he was messing with her head. He decided not to reveal himself during the period Jimin stayed, it seemed as though he was doing it on purpose, trying to play mind games with Seren – driving her to insanity, second-guessing whether or not he was real.

Of course, Jimin still sincerely believed her. He would always be there for Seren, just because he didn't see the man with his own eyes didn't mean Seren was telling lies.

Seren began to think he was just a lingering spirit.

And just when she began to believe that he wouldn't show up for quite some time, he appeared a few nights after she was over at Hoseok's house.

Seren had little energy in her to even give him a reaction. She remained still as they watched each other through her bedroom window, bleakly staring into each other with no emotion.

He was constantly clad in dark clothing, he nearly blended in with the shadows, disappearing into the swallowing darkness when he decided that it was time to leave.

His visits felt unnecessarily prologued, however, he was only ever there for five minutes.

Five minutes of nothing, just blank stares.

She seemed dauntless on the outside, her expression cold and flippant. But, on the inside, her heart was frantic and unhinged, running away from her with each thrumming pump. Her jaw would tense, grounding her teeth against each other, and her fists would find the energy to ball up with ferocity.

Her gut would get stabbed with the sudden feeling of dread and anxiety, her chest growing tight with each breath she took. Then, tears would begin to form, she couldn't tell if it was from pure rage or fear.

And he would feel it.

He sensed her fear through the window pane. Even if she was one story higher than he was, he felt her fear bleed through the walls. She knew it the moment his lips would arch into a smug grin, finding her fear to be a turn-on.

That drove her to tears, a few slipping passed her cheek, not daring to move a muscle to try and hide them. It seemed pointless when he was able to perceive her very emotions.