26. First Impression

"He wanted to meet me?" Jimin asked, still nonplussed by what Seren had told him

"He wanted to meet me?" Jimin asked, still nonplussed by what Seren had told him. "You sure?"

"Yes, I'm sure. He mentioned wanting to see you when I saw him last weekend." She explained further, switching the blinker on to make a left at a traffic light.

Jimin's back rested against the leather seat, his indecipherable brunette eyes peeking out the passenger window.

Seren took his silence as his disapproval of meeting Hoseok.

She began to think about whether or not it was too early in their relationship for Jimin to be meeting him. Hoseok seemed so eager about the whole thing, and it pushed Seren to want to make it happen before Jimin left for university.

She looked over at him for a second, taking her eyes off the road. "You don't want to meet him?"

Jimin looked over at her, shaking his head. "No, it's not that I don't wanna meet him. Actually, I do." He admitted, shrugging indifferently. "I was just surprised that he wants to meet me. Your family. I mean, you did tell him about how shitty our family is, right?"

She thought about it for a moment, trying to recall times when and if she had ever told Hoseok about her past life, and how it was growing up with her parents.

"I told him a little." Seren said, the car coming to a slow stop at a light. "I just told him about how I wasn't the ideal daughter to them, that's all."

He laughed, shaking his head incredulously. "That isn't even half of what happened."

"I know that," she released the brakes, slowly pressing the accelerator. "I just haven't really built up the courage to tell him everything that happened in the past. I hate revisiting it."

"What about... your stalker?" Jimin continued to pry, genuinely curious. "Have you told him about how you're being stalked?"

Seren remained quiet, well aware that she hadn't told him. "No."

"Seren-" Jimin began his lecture but was immediately interrupted by his sister.

"Jimin, I know. Okay? I know. I just don't know how to tell him, it's difficult. I haven't even fully processed that myself." She released her frustration, keeping her eyes on the road.

"I was just gonna say that you should tell him, soon." Jimin eased off, putting his hands up defensively. "If he's your boyfriend, he should know about this, I mean you practically put yourself in danger every night, I don't think he'd take a liking to that idea."

She should say something, Hoseok needed to know about what she's been facing for the past five months. It wasn't an easy topic to bring up, and Seren had no clue how she would tell him about it.

'Hey, sorry I didn't tell you, but I'm being stalked by a grown man who comes to my window every other night, and even came into my room once.'

Seren recoiled, shaking her head, futile tears forming in her eyes.