46. Warm Embrace

She wanted nothing more than to keep the men in her life safe, it was too risky to have them with her when her stalker was amidst and developed jealous feelings

She wanted nothing more than to keep the men in her life safe, it was too risky to have them with her when her stalker was amidst and developed jealous feelings. At first, it was easy to avoid Namjoon and Yoongi, though as time went on, they began to contact Seren and invite her to places to hang out together.

Keeping Hoseok out of her life was a lost cause. She didn't have the heart to tell him to leave her, yet she also couldn't bare the thought of her stalker putting his perilous hands on him. Hoseok insisted that he would be okay, and his safety wasn't a cause for concern.

She still worried for him, wanting to know when he got home from work and when he would visit his psychiatrist. It might have seemed a bit unhealthy to people, but Seren couldn't help it. Her mind obsessed over his safety to the point where the importance of her own safety waned.

Jimin was kept at arm's length, Seren didn't have to worry for him much. He was doing his own thing at university, and the last thing she wanted to do was trouble him and distract him from his education. It was important to her that Jimin stayed oblivious to everything, he already had enough to deal with as an eighteen-year-old.

The week after she spoke to the woman on the news, Yoongi and Namjoon forcefully made plans with Seren. Namjoon had them meet up at the usual coffee shop that they used to meet up to study for midterms and exams, it was a place Seren was greatly familiar with – which eased her thrumming heart, aware of her surroundings.

Her fingers tapped against the paper cup, the tea inside heating up the thin cup. Her hands used it as a furnace, a warm lick of heat running up her fingers as she drummed.

It had been mildly cold those days, but the temperature began to decrease as wintertime came around. She loved winter, though she could do without the extreme cold.

The bell above the entrance chimed quietly, alerting the employees of yet another customer joining the building.

She turned, glancing at the entrance to see two acquainted men stepping inside.

Namjoon's eyes instantly found Seren's.

His enchanting dimples poked through his cheeks, his perfect teeth flashing her a charming smile as he removed his hands from his coat's pocket, muttering something to Yoongi.

She waved with a big smile when Yoongi also made eye contact with her.

He donned a grey beanie with a beige jacket to keep him shielded against the cold winds that late evening.

She lifted from her seat, embracing Namjoon's large figure. Her nose planted itself above his shoulder, taking in his innate woodsy scent that invariably brought her a plethora of solace.

"So I guess you missed me, too." Namjoon chortled, feeling her squeeze his body.

She released him, staring up into his eyes. "Of course, I did. You're my best friend."