22. Sibling Bond

Two lines were carved into his lips so he invariably wore a smile on his bloodstained expression

Two lines were carved into his lips so he invariably wore a smile on his bloodstained expression. A smile that must have been made during his last few minutes alive, the killer undoubtedly wanting to torture his victim and make his death a nightmare.

This must have been something beyond the concept of pain. Pain didn't even begin to describe what he must have gone through, that term was too little, too insignificant to entirely describe what he experienced.

That discovery must have been horrifying for the two officers on duty that early morning.

And Seren couldn't stop picturing it. Her strange brain made her picture things that she didn't want to see. It was driving her to frustrated and vehement tears.

'Why did I have to turn that tv on? I should have just went to bed.' She mused, her knees pressed against her chest, arms hooked around them to keep them in secure place.

"Seren, are you okay?" Jimin's smooth voice interrupted her painstaking thoughts, setting down a cup of hot tea on the table in front of her.

She released herself, glancing up at her devoted little brother as she shrugged indifferently. "I-I just have anxiety. And I'm sorry if I bugged you, I really just didn't wanna stay alone here while I had it."

He shook his head, a baffled chuckle escaping his lips. "Seren, you didn't bug me. Actually, you startled me. You sounded so shaken up over the phone, I thought you were gonna pass out." The orange-haired boy revealed, sitting beside his sister.

He reached for the hot cup, handing it over to her.

A limp smile reached her moist lips. "Thank you." She expressed weakly, taking the mug from him.

"It's lemon balm." Jimin explained, watching his sister take a sip. "I thought you needed something that could relax you."

Seren watched as Jimin grabbed the remote to the flatscreen tv, scrolling through channels to put something on for background noise.

She looked down into her cup watching as the herbs in the tea infuser slowly colored the water a gold brown, percolating the liquid with its calming essence.

Jimin didn't misconstrue her emotions at all. It almost surprised her. But, she guessed that living with him for almost all his life helped him interpret her emotions smoothly.

"Was mom upset that you were living at such a late hour?" Seren asked, her body directed to him.

He settled on a channel, looking over at Seren with a smug grin on his face. "She was already asleep, I just left."

"Jimin are you-"

"I don't really care if she gets upset, I mean, you needed help." He responded before his sister could even retort. "You needed me here, and siblings should always be there for one another. You're always there for me when I need help."