9. Unexpected

He claimed he'd be there that night, if he suddenly had to change plans, he would text her

He claimed he'd be there that night, if he suddenly had to change plans, he would text her. Seren had no access to her phone, so she would have to be the one to keep a watchful eye out for him, or at least until one of her co-workers mentioned that a man wanted her to serve his table.

The lounge was practically overfilling that night with the massive wave of people. Nights like those were expected on Fridays. There were times when Thursdays were crammed, people who were starting their weekend a day early.

"I have the four Michelob Ultra's." Seren stated, placing the four bottles down on the table.

"Thanks, babe." The man grinned, tending to his beer.

She recoiled each time the men would use pet names on her, they were each painfully uncomfortable. There was a point when she became desiccated of giving a reaction.

Those names were forever ruined for her, whenever it is that she found a partner, she would desire to be called another name — something that wasn't so basic and overused.

"Of course." Seren ignored the name, keeping the empty tray tucked in her arm. "Enjoy your drinks."

She stepped away, glancing in every direction of the room to try and find Hoseok.

There was no luck, not with her height, compared to all the towering people — finding him would be similar to trying to find a needle in a haystack.

She set the tray above the bar, heavily sighing.

"What's up now, Seren?" Jin automatically asked as he served up more drinks.

She placed her elbow above the counter, her chin resting in her palm. "Nothing. It's just that Hoseok said he'd be here today, but I can't even find him."

He ooh'd, shaking the mixed drink in the shaker. "Well, good luck with that. There's too many people in here to find him."

"Thanks, I haven't noticed." Her tongue was marred with potent vexation.

The teasing Jin just chuckled, successfully getting under her skin. "So, how's it been going between you two? Do you like him?"

It had only been a few days since they started texting, and they had warmed up to each other rather quickly, always having a topic that would continue their conversation.

He was charming and ineffably handsome. To say she liked him and wanted to start something serious was something she hadn't quite decided on. Seren preferred to take things slow, be his friend, and get to really know him before making a move she may regret.

"Well, he's really sweet, and I love hanging around with him. But, I don't know about wanting to get serious." Seren responded, observing Jin serve the drinks. "I've only known him for almost two weeks, and we barely started talking a few days ago."

"Right. Why don't you try asking him out?" Jin suggested, occupied with his work.

Her lips parted, ready to rebuttal.