44. The Gardenia Flower

Seren kept her hand above her eyes laying on her couch with no intention of getting up

The grotesque image of Ren's body incessantly reappeared in her mind, seeing him lying abandoned in the cold, his body as stiff as a board.

She shivered, shaking her head when the image reappeared in her head, frowning at the sight.

She was incapable of closing her eyes. Each time that she did, all she saw was blood, and the deep wounds in his body.

There was so much blood.

More than she had ever seen.

"Seren?" Hoseok called, placing her mug on the coffee table. "How are you feeling?"

She lifted her hand from her eyes, her lower lip clamped down on her teeth. "I don't know. I can't close my eyes, all I see is his lifeless body." She kept her eyes on the ground, her eyebrows pierced together in difficulty.

She glanced at the mug he set down on the table, "Is that for me?" asked Seren.

He lifted it from the coaster, handing it to her. "Yes, of course. It's tea."

She grabbed it, drinking the herbal water as though she was thirsty.

The couch's cushion sank when Hoseok planted himself next to her.

Seren kept her cold hands wrapped over the warm mug. "It's weird. I can't close my eyes, I keep seeing his body. The blood. There was much of it. If I had been an inch closer, I would have been standing in it."

"That must be very traumatic for you, Seren." Hoseok muttered, staring at her unbroken drumming fingers. "The image goes away, eventually."

Her eyebrows puckered, looking over at him confused. "W-what do you mean? You've seen a body before?"

He rolled his lips, hesitating to keep talking. "Um, I saw my mom on the floor once."

She blinked, swallowing hard on her thick saliva.

She wasn't expecting that.

He saw his mother dead on the floor?

Her eyes trailed to her coffee table, shock pooling in her eyes.

"I had no idea..." she muttered, having no clue how to even respond to him.

He shook his head. "Because I didn't talk about it. It's fine, don't feel bad for not knowing. She wasn't dead, just unconscious. Though, I thought she was dead. There was blood pooling from her head."

"God... what happened?" Seren asked, scooting closer to him. "No. It's okay. You don't have to talk about this, Hoseok." She shook her head, setting her tea down, grabbing his hands.

Her tepid hands offered his cold hands some warmth, wanting him to feel that she was there for him.

"Oh, it's okay. I don't mind talking about it anymore." Hoseok informed, squeezing her warm hands. "Actually, my psychiatrist urges me to talk about it more – says it could help."