47. The Cellar

The wood floor quietly creaked when nobody was walking by, there was an odd breeze that wafted by her neck when all the windows were closed shut

The wood floor quietly creaked when nobody was walking by, there was an odd breeze that wafted by her neck when all the windows were closed shut. There was the faintest smell of incense burning, coming from an area she was unable to locate.

These features only seemed to enrich when she was left alone in the house without Hoseok to be around. It was rare when he left her lonesome in his own home – and she figured it was because he never wanted to leave her unattended in a home that wasn't hers.

She thought he would be there by the time she got off work.

He was supposed to be there an hour earlier, and yet there was no sign of human life in the stoic house.

She hated being alone in that house.

She hated being alone in general those days.

Her phone chimed, and she didn't waste a second to pull it out and read the message that had been delivered

Hoseok

Just wait for me there, I'll be home in a few.

Seren sighed, reading his message in complete disappointment. That meant she had to wait inside his home for him.

She shoved her phone back into her pocket, dropping her purse on the single recliner seat in the corner of the living room. She grabbed the remote from the tidied coffee table to switch the tv on – needing some kind of noise besides the eerie sporadic creaking and thumping the old house innately created.

There was never a need for his house to be cleansed, Hoseok had it well cleaned practically every day. He was obsessed with making his house look perfect and neat despite his lack of visitors, adjusting the objects in his home that had shifted throughout the days that went by, and dusting the furniture.

He even made sure to wash his dishes right after they'd been used.

Seren walked to his bedroom, switching the light on to see the hamper was beginning to overflow with clothes.

"Okay, well since I have nothing else to do I might as well do his laundry." She decided to herself, lifting the white basket with her two hands.

She left the hallway lights on, noticing the light outside starting to diminish.

With all the times Seren had been over to Hoseok's house, she was still quite unknowing of what room his washer and dryer were kept.

She passed the living room, entering the kitchen to find any doors that may have led to her destination.

Her eyebrows pinched, confused when there was no sign of any secret rooms in his home. She huffed, nonplussed as her eyes scattered to other feasible areas where he would keep his appliances. Her eyes traced over to the pristine sliding doors that led to his backyard.