15. Plans

The vestige of his gentle lips lingered above hers, it ignited at the edges of her lips as she lightly traced her fingertips above them, replaying the lovely moment in her head

The vestige of his gentle lips lingered above hers, it ignited at the edges of her lips as she lightly traced her fingertips above them, replaying the lovely moment in her head. Seren carried a perpetual grin, unable to shake it away, her heart flaming with excitement.

Her hand burned from the area his lips once were, butterflies still monopolized her stomach, feeling nothing but flutter.

It had been quite some time since she felt that level of pleasure, the kind of happiness that was elicited from passionate moments. Kissing him felt more than right, regardless if it was only their second date.

A third date was considered, planning where this date would be and how they would spend their time together. She was absolutely ecstatic about this date, counting down the days until she was able to see Hoseok again.

"You guys kissed?!" Rina repeated unfathomably, stunned by the news.

Seren cheerfully nodded, joy capturing her heart to hear Rina's eager response.

She felt like a high schooler for sharing the details of her date with her friends, but she couldn't keep it contained any longer, wanting to explain the reason behind her cheerful behavior.

"That's great!" She cheered, her enthralled eyes sparkling with excitement. "Where was this date at?"

"Is he a good kisser?" Jin questioned, his elbows planted against his bar table.

"We went to this park to have a picnic, redoing because it had rained on our first date." Seren elaborated without hesitation. "We didn't make out or anything, it was just a simple one."

"So, there was no tongue?" Jin's forehead creased, slightly lifting from the table.

Seren chortled at his blatant query. "No. There was no tongue. But, I mean, I guess he is a good kisser? It definitely felt like it wasn't his first time." Her mouth twisted, thinking about the kiss again.

"Well, I'm glad it seems to be working out for you two." Rina supported, poking at the horseshoe in her nose. "Are you guys gonna have a third date?"

"Yeah, but we're just trying to come up with those plans." Seren narrated, toying with her apron.

"Go skinny dipping." Jin muttered, the corner of his lip arched.

"Gross... no, I wouldn't wanna go skinny dipping." Her eyes burned with repugnance, appalled by his suggestion.

"Yeah, refrain from being naked until your first time with him." Rina insisted, ignoring Jin's chuckles.

Her nose wrinkled, shaking her head. "Yeah. I wasn't going to agree to Jin's suggestions."

"It was a joke, in case you two were wondering." He rolled his eyes, lifting from his elbows. "We should all go out or something, hang out outside of work." Jin suddenly proposed, cracking his knuckles.

Seren couldn't remember the last time the three of them went out of their way to see each other outside of work. It mostly had to do with the fact that they had different days off, it was impossible for all three of them to find a day where they all had time off.

Rina glanced at Seren, searching for her opinion. "Yeah, why not? It sounds like it could be fun." She shrugged, consenting to Jin's idea.

"Okay but how would we all get the same day off?" Seren questioned, raising a brow.

"We can look through our schedules, find one where both of us have time off." Jin was already on it, reviewing that question himself. "And then one of us could call off, the one that has work the day two of us are off."

"I'll normally get Sunday's off." Seren informed, placing her hand beneath her chin. "But, recently it's been a mix."

"It's been different for me." Rina sighed. "It's fuckin' annoying." She muttered, the point of her shoe tapping the ground.

"That's why we need to compare, obviously," Jin informed. "Where would we be hanging out?" His expression became pensive, evaluating their options.

"Oh! Let's go to a club?" Rina suggested, glancing at her two co-workers for their insight.

Jin clapped once, loving her idea. "Yes! You know how tortuous it is to watch everybody around me drink and have fun? It's been so long since I went to a club."

Seren grimaced, her lips twisting into a frown.

She hadn't gone to a club in a few years, exhausted from all the times she went to them when she was in her early twenties.

It was something she had no interest in, rather spending her free time elsewhere. Dancing in a crowd overfilled with sweating people, their bodies rubbing up against others, delirious from the immense alcohol. It made her shudder, body repulsed by the idea.

While the two were racing over the idea of clubbing, Seren was occupied recoiling from that idea.

"Eh, I don't know about that." She mumbled, her teeth capturing her bottom lip.

Jin's expression dropped into a scowl. "What do you mean? Why not?"

"It just- I don't find going to clubs fun." Seren tried explaining,

"Alright then, what would we do?" Rina asked, considering Seren's thoughts.

She hummed, looking up at the ceiling. "Let's just go have dinner."

Jin immediately grumbled in disagreement. "No. I am not going to call of work just to have dinner. I wanna have fun."

Although Seren wasn't fond of the idea of clubbing, she was aware that she was being a bit selfish. She would go to clubs often, but that didn't mean Jin and Rina did.

She didn't want to hold them back from having fun, and they were already raving over the idea.

"Please, let's just go." Jin implored, his hands glued together in a prayer motion. "You won't even have to drink or dance, I'm pretty sure there are areas to chill and sit."

"I-I don't even think I have clubbing outfits?" Seren tried to create an excuse. "But, I don't wanna refrain you guys from having fun, so I'll stay and work for all of us."

"What? No, no you have to come with us." Rina argued, her forehead frowning. "It's supposed to be the three of us hanging out together."

"Okay, but like I said, I don't think I have anything to wear." Her lips crowded to one side, trying to remember what she had in her wardrobe.

Which didn't take long to think about, she really didn't have many clothes.

"Dude, I'm sure I have something for you to wear." Rina quickly remarked, ready with an answer for any excuse Seren formed. "Don't worry about it."

Seren went silent for one moment, unable to search for another excuse that would keep her from their plans.

"See, you have nothing else to say!" Jin exclaimed, putting his arms up in victory. "Now, you have to join us."

Seren sighed, her tense shoulders wilting. "Fine. Yeah, I'll go."

Rina grabbed her hand, waving it around in excitement. "Good! We're gonna have fun, watch."

Jin and Rina high-fived each other, pleased to convince their friend to drop her obstinate decision.

"Alright." Seren gave in, smiling at their enthusiasm. "I'll try to have fun."