50. Change

It was dark

It was dark.

She tried to keep the iridescent night sky in her reverie, remembering how complete it was that cold night with the labyrinth of blinking stars. How ample the full moon was, positioned right above her as she underwent the most horrific incident she had ever been through.

However, the harder she tried to keep that in her brain, the quicker it would fade. All she could remember was the dull ache in her head, and the burning sensation the knife brought upon her body before she went cold.

There was no light.

And that scared her.

She couldn't reach for any bright light that people typically claimed to reach for when death was approaching. It was all just bleak and cold, only for a few minutes. It didn't feel long before she really did spot that bright light.

Hope flickered in her, lifting herself to grab that white light she was so desperate for.

If she left now, Jimin would be heartbroken.

But, it felt so nice.

The feeling of hope and warmth she got when she was one step closer to that bright light told her there was something good waiting for her on the other side. It's all she wanted. If it removed her from her desolated life, she would take it. Seren didn't want to feel the pain of her wounds, she didn't want to endure the heartache Hoseok caused her any longer.

She finally wanted to let it all go.

Though she hoped Jimin would understand.

She hoped Yoongi and Namjoon would, too.

She could feel a smile reach her lips as she eagerly reached the harmless light.

How warm it was. How comforting it was.

She inhaled, wanting to smell her new home.

All that entered her nose was the smell of sterilization chemicals, and that unmistakable smell of antiseptic fuming her nostrils.

Her eyebrows pushed, hearing a beeping machine to the left of her.

She glanced upwards, seeing a monitor that was wired up to her.

Her eyes trailed down to her laying body dressed in a sterile blue gown that hospitals generally provided for their patients. A blank white sheet covered the lower half of her body, while a clear cord connected to the vein at the bend of her elbow.

She felt no pain.

There was no indication of her injuries aching, as if he was cutting through her skin, again. She raised her hand, looking for any sign of the bump left on the side of her head. But, it was bandaged, the gauze rough against her fingertips as she dragged it over her head.

Seren dropped her hand, the sound of the beeping increasing as she absorbed all the new information hurled at her. She wasn't in the afterlife, she actually survived the incident?