41. The Woeful Farewell

Seren watched the trees pass, her hand resting below her chin in a seemingly pensive pose

It was a gloomy day, again.

The sun was concealed behind in the veiling clouds that overcast the blue sky, stirring it into a gray, melancholy color. And, she didn't have to be outside to know that it was a cold day, she could see it in the pedestrians that walked the sidewalks. They were wrapped in fluffy jackets, stylish scarfs hanging by their napes, and coffee paper cups keeping their hands furnished.

She was dressed that way herself. In a warm long sleeve, a jacket sat on her lap in case she changed her mind, deciding that her attire was still too thin.

Despite her rather cavalier appearance, she was truthfully jumping for joy on the inside. She was more paralyzed with happiness than anything because she was finally making time to be with Yoongi and Namjoon – being together like they had promised each other before.

Except, Jimin was joining them.

None of the guys thought it mattered, thrilled when they saw Seren texted their group chat telling them that Jimin was coming along with her.

It reminded her of old times when Jimin was younger, following his older sister around with her friends thinking they were cool to be around.

She was never annoyed by his presence.

Even now, she was pleased he was joining them.

"You remember, don't you, Seren?" Jimin's voice cut into her train of thought, his chuckles warming her heart.

She snickered, looking into the backseat. "Remember what?"

"Jimin said that he used to follow you guys around often, that he thought he was so cool because of it." Hoseok recapped, the smile on his face never fading.

"Oh, yeah," she confirmed, "Actually, I was just thinking about that. Jimin was so young, he's so old now." Seren sighed at the thought of it.

"Says the twenty four year old." Jimin reprimanded. "Aren't you supposed to be twenty five in a few months?"

Hoseok laughed, enjoying their sibling banter.

"Hey, you're the oldest in this car." Seren argued, glaring at Hoseok.

He shrugged, pulling into a curb. "I never said anything. I just laughed."

"Nah, she's just mad because I'm right." Jimin muttered, unbuckling his seatbelt.

"I will literally make Hoseok take you back home right now." Seren claimed, gathering her things.

Hoseok looked over at Jimin, shaking his head – silently letting him know he wouldn't be taking him back home.

Jimin just chuckled, nodding his head.

"Thanks for bringing us, Hoseok." Jimin thanked him politely, opening the back door.