4. Whiskey, neat

Although Seren wished she could call in sick from work, her home was the last place she wanted to be

She did a cleanse with Namjoon's help once they finished their tea.

While the sage burned, it created smolder, she used it and directed the smoke into every corner of her home, manifesting positivity and strength as she walked carefully through the rooms.

She felt great about her decisions and felt almost renewed.

Once she dropped Namjoon off and tried to sleep, it just wasn't working for her, she kept on tossing and turning. Her brain would not shut off, arbitrary reflections incessantly attacking her.

The following day, with only three hours of sleep, she continued to complete homework from her online courses.

The nap before her night shift turned out to leave her dazed and bleary, not prepared for another long night at work.

She was physically and mentally exhausted that day.

Seren had served about five tables their drinks, and her grueling bones were already aching for her to stop and take a break.

She sat on the empty stool next to Rina with Seokjin at his bar, her expression remained flat and dull.

Jin looked over at the acrimonious Seren. "Rough day?" He guessed, his eyebrows knitted with concern.

"Yup." She answered, blinking. "I couldn't get any sleep last night, and I finally caught up with my missing assignments this morning, and I am just beat."

"Didn't you just clock-in?" Rina asked.

"Don't remind me." Seren pleaded, planting her elbows on the mahogany wood.

Jin and Rina eyed each other, then looked back down at their fatigued co-worker.

"Then, maybe you don't wanna hear about what I was gonna say." Jin cleared his throat, throwing his clean rag over his board shoulder.

Seren's closed eyes peeked open at Jin's comment, her expression flickering from aggravation to curiosity.

"What do you mean?" She continued to ask after nobody spoke.

Rina turned her chair to her. "Do you remember the group of guys that were giving you a hard time?"

Many tables gave her a difficult time, but there was one in particular that stood as her most chagrin incident.

She nodded. "The one where I tripped over with all the drinks on my tray?"

"Yes." Rina responded, her restless eyes moving to every corner of the loud bar. "Well, he was found. I mean- his body was found, and it was... well it was some fucked up shit."

Seren's skin blanched a startling white shade when she heard part of what occured, her shoulders frozen solid like a wintry iceberg.

"What does that mean, exactly?" Seren was demented, looking at both co-workers.