19. encounter

She breathed out through her pliant wet lips, her chest tight as sweat began to form above her palms and forehead

She breathed out through her pliant wet lips, her chest tight as sweat began to form above her palms and forehead. Seren stayed close beside Jin and Rina, following their every move with no desire to be left alone in the club. Rina held her arm, keeping Seren close to her as they forced themselves through crowds of people to get to the bar.

"How are you feeling?" Rina asked over the music, placing herself closer to Seren to hear her response.

Seren raised her eyebrows, fracturing a stilted smile. "I'm okay." She pulled her dress up, wanting to keep her chest covered.

"Okay, if you wanna leave at any point, just tell us." Rina comforted her, patting her shoulder.

Seren promised herself that she would stay for as long as Jin wanted to. He seemed to be the most ecstatic about their outing, finally getting out of work to do something entertaining for once. She didn't want to have to rain on his sunshine by telling him that she wanted to go home. But, she was aware that he would be okay with it, understanding her feelings.

"Here, I'll order us shots." Jin advised, heading over to the barkeep.

Seren sighed, sitting on a vacant stool with Rina that joined her.

Her phone buzzed, calling for her attention.

Hoseok

Well, I'll be sleeping. Goodnight, Seren.

Have fun, and please be safe. Stick with your group. :)

She grinned, her dulled expression transformed to buoyancy to see his thoughtful message. Her serrated anxiety disappeared when his name appeared on her screen, and she felt relieved, truly believing that she could have fun with her friends.

Seren

Thank you, Hoseok.

Don't worry about me, I'll be fine.

Have a nice rest <3

"Is that Hoseok?" Rina asked, propping her elbow above the bar, an impish grin pulling at the corners of her cherry lips.

Seren looked up from her phone, nodding enthusiastically. "Yeah! He just messaged me, telling me to have fun and to just be safe." She put her phone away, wanting to give Rina her full attention.

"So? That means it's going great, right?" Rina asked, her fingers tugging at the silver horseshoe in her nose.

"It is," she cheerfully revealed. "We went on our third date a few days ago, and it ended on a good note."

Unless it was misconstrued, though, Hoseok was the one that asked for a kiss before she had left.

The image of them holding hands flashed in her brain, and her body became warm. Such a heavenly sensation ruptured in her when that precious moment replayed in her head, she thought about it often, and she never got tired of that feeling.