45. The Dreaded Nightmare

There was blood again.

It was everywhere.

It was warm as it poured out of the body that lay in her shaking hands, her shoulders cowering over as she tried to stop the bleeding that continued to flow out of the deep wound in his lower stomach.

Tears streamed down her cheeks, confused as to how she got there, and who the man in her lap was. But, that didn't matter. What mattered was calling for help, and getting as much pressure as possible on his wound to slow the bleeding.

A cry left her mouth when the man coughed blood, his left hand reaching for her arm.

Although his blood was warm, his hand was cold.

"Seren, it's okay." His voice was disoriented through her panic, unable to process his words fully.

It wasn't until his fingers feathers over the side of her cheek that she realized who exactly was in her arms.

It was Yoongi.

Her lower lip quivered, placing her bloody hand above his as he held her cheek with the minimum amount of strength he had.

"No, I'll go get help." Her voice came out a hoarse whisper, quivering along with the rest of her shrinking body. "Stay strong." She squeezed his hand.

He shook his head, blood trickling down the corner of his lip. "Just stay here, please."

Her heart pulled when she realized that was going to be the last time she would be hearing his voice. She placed his hand over her lips, warm tears mixing in with his cold hands that seemed to tremble weakly – trying to hold up for her.

"This is my fault. It's all my fault. If you stayed in Seoul, you wouldn't be going through this." Seren spoke into his knuckles, his eyes barely open.

"It's not you," was all he muttered, his eyes moving past her. "It's him." He finalized.

Her heart stopped at his sinister statement. "Who?" she asked, her red hand reaching for his cheek, carefully directing his face to meet her eyes. "Yoongi, who? Who are you talking about?" She pleaded, her blood-stained thumb stroking his cheekbone.

He said nothing.

The pressure in his hand went limp.

"Yoongi?" She called out in a whisper, keeping his hand tight against her chest. "Yoongi, please don't leave. You can't leave yet, the paramedic's need to show up, they'll revive you. They have to." Her fingers reached into his pool of obsidian hair.

She sniffled, a sob leaping from her throat when he left. His eyes went hard, cold as stone.

"It was time for him to go." A deep ominous voice spoke behind her.

Her body froze at that spine-chilling voice. It was cunning, sharp like shards of glass. The glass tore into her back, leaving her with no courage or stability in her body to turn and face him.

She didn't have to as his abnormally tall body carefully moved into her peripheral vision.

Seren turned her head, meeting with her stalker.

"Why... why did you do this?" She asked the hooded figure, his face covered in the shadows that swallowed him whole.

"Don't you get it? He was getting in between us." He spoke gently, the dead body in her arms left him unphased.

"Getting... in between us?" She repeated in utter revulsion, her expression recoiling.

"He was jealous of what we have. From the moment I saw him with you, I knew he had to be taken care of." He tilted his head.