6. Good Things Come To Those Who Wait

After Seren had miserably failed to get Hoseok's number, she noticed that he hadn't been around often

She guessed that she made him uncomfortable, stopping him from going to the lounge.

The next few days that persisted without his company, she would flagellate herself, reminded that it was her own fault he wasn't there.

Seren was never skilled at flirting or hinting her interests, so for her to openly ask for his number made her feel a bit odd. She took it too fast, with a trace of courage left on her tongue that pushed her to ask.

Unfortunately, that backfired, and it enabled her to never put herself in the open again, embarrassed to have the same thing happen with another man.

With another day of a late night shift and no Hoseok in sight, she figured it'd be a long evening.

"Three klouds on tap, please Jin." Seren drummed her fingers against the countertop.

"You got it, miss." He complied, getting to his latest task.

"Jin, I need two eight-oh-fives." Rina appeared through thin air, practically giving Seren a heart attack.

She shut her eyes, gathering her composure. "Jeez, you scared the fuck out of me." Muttered Seren, wavering her head in frustration.

She chuckled, laying her elbows on the bar. "Are you still on edge?"

"No." Seren claimed flatly, finding her friend's tone to be insensitive. "Though, I'm still embarrassed from the other day."

"Ah." Regret burned in Rina's eyes. "Seren, I'm sorry, I feel like that's my fault." She apologized, remorse tainting her pitched voice.

"It's not your fault... I scared him away." Seren advised, sighing in defeat. "I just fuckin' suck at putting myself out there."

She wasn't going to blame anybody else besides herself, Rina was simply trying to motivate her. It was time Seren had stepped out of her comfort zone and tried to date somebody for once.

That one let down depleted Seren of any future relationships, she needed more time to retrieve her misplaced bravery to ever ask a guy for his number, again.

"I don't think you do." Rina opposed, laying her chin in her palm. "You're just shy, and that's okay. Anyway, it's his loss. He was really cute, yes. You win some, you lose some."

"That's true." Seren admitted quietly.

She was still wistful over it.

Rina noticed the rue in her friend's tone, her lips pressed thinly together.

"Maybe he's just busy?" Rina suggested, lifting herself up. "Let's at least be thankful he isn't here every day, and that he has a life somewhere."

"Yeah, I guess it would be weird to see him here every day." She agreed, finally receiving the drinks she had asked for, from Jin.