Foreword

I met Adam through Discord a little under two years ago, as the two of us (and several other writers) were to take part in a collaborative writing project. The project kicked off in December of 2020, with Adam's first post being a whopping 5.8K words long.

And when I read through it? It was just oozing with passion and skill. The five characters included in it all felt believable, their drives and motivations were clear, and everyone just felt completely unique. It gave me a great grasp of each character even if I barely knew half of them prior to Brawl.

I wholeheartedly believe meeting Adam led to me pushing my own writing to new heights, hoping to reach the level of quality he'd set with a single post. He later introduced me to Voxistale (co-written with his best friend Desmond), and the quality only seemed to increase the more I read through it. Every Undertale character you know and love is here in this post-pacifist timeline (with its own unique twists, too!), and they're all amazing here. Not just the Undertale characters, but the OCs involved in Voxistale are awesome as well.

Adam and Desmond do a great job at having each and every character shine brightly, even going as far as to expand upon their motivations, backstories, hopes and dreams, all mixed into some surprisingly deep lore for an Undertale fan-fiction, taking the cake as my favorite Undertale fic of all time. You can tell there's some real fans behind this fantastic piece of literature.

All in all, I sincerely hope you enjoy your journey through Voxistale. I had a blast reading through it, and writing its foreword has been an absolute honor. This story is filled with great characters, many twists and turns, dynamic fight scenes and many bits and details you'll want to keep an eye on. A truly phenomenal ride from start to finish.

- Manuel, a good friend