Chapter 7

"Frisk? Are you up yet? We need to go soon," she was stirred awake by her adopted father once again, softly rapping his knuckles on the door. Frisk blinked groggily, looking over at her alarm clock and sitting up. It was now 7:50 AM- she was shocked. Nearly twelve hours of sleep, plus her nap yesterday, and she still felt groggy. Silently hoping her sleep schedule would return to normal soon, she got out of bed.

"Morning," she greeted Asgore through the door as she sat up, her hair a frizzy tangled mess. Asgore let out a satisfied grunt.

"Good morning. I'll be down in the kitchen if you need me!"

"What time do we leave?" Frisk called down as she stripped down, having forgotten to change into her sleepwear the previous night.

"Eight-thirty!" Asgore called back as Frisk selected a new sweater from her wardrobe.

Her clothing options here at Asgore's weren't exactly new. Most of her stuff still sat over at Toriel's, though they were assured by Undyne they'd be allowed to get it soon. So most of her options were in a similar style to what she used to wear. Striped sweaters. Frisk sorted through the options of sweaters that would barely fit her, flitting past several. Purple and pink, blue and purple, green and yellow, red and blue . . . she came to a stop at an orange one with blue stripes, deciding it was good enough. She slid the sweater over her head, accidentally almost putting her face through one of the armholes—a mistake even the greatest of sweater enthusiasts suffered now and again. After putting on a pair of shorts and her shoes, she was ready to go, and went downstairs to meet Asgore.

As per usual, he'd cooked breakfast, which now sat on the table waiting for Frisk. Bacon, hashbrowns and eggs, all still steaming hot as Asgore hummed pleasantly. It seemed he'd gotten better after his revelation last night. He'd been given motivation, that motivation being living the best he could in memory and honor of Toriel. It was a sweet sentiment, and displayed just how deeply Asgore still loved her despite everything.

"Thank you for making breakfast," Frisk said as she sat down in front of her plate. Asgore gave a nod as he continued to hum, reading a newspaper article about the stock markets and car battery prices. Frisk began to eat, trying not to rush too much, but she felt hurried due to how long she'd slept.

Asgore was dressed in his work clothes, which happened to be a very fancy black business suit. The ex-king was doing mightily well for himself, but despite all the wealth, he didn't opt to live in a bigger home, or drive fancy cars. Frisk had a suspicion he was saving up a large sum of money for her college and whatnot. "Once you finish, we'll be ready to go. Say, we might even get there early. Do you drink coffee?" Asgore asked.

Frisk shrugged. "Sometimes."

Asgore shrugged back. "If you'd like, we can get you some on the way. Something tells me you're still a bit tired."

Frisk let a small smile tug at the corners of her lips. "Thanks," she replied as she began to eat, and for once this past week, she managed to gulp it all down.

After Frisk cleared her plate, Asgore stood up, fiddling with his car keys a bit before he managed to get a good grip. He had yet to get a pair that was better suited for his massive hands. "Well, it's time to go!" he announced, bouncing over to the door and opening it for Frisk.

Asgore worked in a large office building that extended into the sky. Not the tallest building in Voxis, but close to it. People entered and exited the building regularly as Frisk and Asgore approached it, turning many heads. A lot of people still weren't accustomed to watching the massive form of Asgore waltzing into work, even after four years.

They entered, and Asgore began pointing people he knew out to Frisk, who took a sip from the lidded cup of coffee Asgore had insisted on getting her. It was helping with her grogginess, admittedly. She was considering drinking it more often. She tried to pay attention to everything Asgore was saying as best she could. He pointed out a Lawrence Hawshawk in accounting, a Debora Gears also in accounting, a Patrick Monagy who was . . . also in accounting. Mostly people in accounting.