Chapter 1

Voxis City; the largest city in the world.

Miles upon miles of a rainforest of skyscrapers. The center of the city contains the oldest of these, dating back around sixty years. As you reach the outskirts of the city, you approach an even larger expanse of land. Suburban settlements, all still a part of Voxis. A massive network of communities.

Humans and Monsters alike occupy this city. Mt. Ebott once sat nearby, now having caved in, leaving very little behind after its volcanic eruption four years prior.

In one of the suburban homes was the girl famed for having saved all of monsterkind. She was known far and wide, once the human ambassador for the monsters, until the monster king took that role after the integration process (though many still remember her as the ambassador), which was still an on-going project.

This girl's name was Frisk, who sat at a wooden desk in her room; papers, books, and writing utensils scattered across its surface, most stuff stacked out of the way. In front of her sat a white sheet that she was writing on, scribbling fast, the smell of bacon drifting up from the kitchen to subtly distract her.

The room was fairly-sized, walls painted a fair royal blue—all except the far wall in her room, which was a mess of colors, painted by a close friend of hers; a skeleton monster named Papyrus, who had used just about every color he possibly could to represent all of his and Frisk's friends. Due to the main coloration of the room, Papyrus assumed that Frisk had the most admiration for Undyne (their mutual friend, a fish monster who was brutally strong and just as brutally passionate about almost anything), which he respected and agreed with. The majority of the wall he'd painted, which Frisk commonly referred to as the "Papwall", was colored in orange, the color Papyrus associated with himself. When she asked why it wasn't red, as it was his favorite color, he informed her that he had given the rights of that color to Asgore.

A twin-sized bed sat in her room, head against the papwall, horizontal with the layout. The floor was a comfortable light brown carpet, the ceiling a smooth white. Her ceiling light had four bulbs below a spinning fan that Toriel claimed "collected more dust than Gerson on a morning jog," due to how slowly it spun. A dresser was located nearby containing four drawers. The top drawer held her undergarments; underwear, socks, and the more recent addition of bras, and she typically preferred to wear sports bras. Anything other than that made her fairly uncomfortable, enough to invoke a physical response of unease.

The second drawer held her shirts, a various arrangement of different colors. Only a couple years ago, the only shirts that had filled that drawer were blue sweaters with purple stripes, but she'd decided to expand in recent months.

The third drawer held various pants, skirts, and shorts. Almost all were jeans, or similar to the material, even jean skirts which went out of fashion around 2004, or something like that. Around the time she was born, really.

The bottommost drawer contained pajamas and dress clothes, including a blue dress she wore to school dances. It was beginning to get a little too small on her, so she doubted she'd get to wear it to prom a couple years from now.

Her walls were lined with various pictures, most of which were group pictures of her and the other monsters. One wall was decorated with a shot of her and Mettaton together, which the singing sensation had taken to having one selfie with Frisk framed every month. It was actually a pretty decent way of seeing Frisk age over the last four years, as she'd changed a lot.

When she had led the monsters out of the underground for the last time, she had been much shorter, more yellow-skinned, with shoulder-length dark brown hair and slanted eyes. So slanted it was actually difficult for most to see her actual eyes, which were a rare scarlet in color. Her nose had been small and pointy, and she'd been somewhat chubby.