Chapter 39: A Grimm Situation

(Y/n) = Your name

(S/c) = Skin color

(H/c) = Hair color

(F/c) = Favorite color

[.....] = Texting/Writing

Third Person P.O.V

(Y/n) continued driving forward towards the barricade that Fiona and Robyn were at. He slowly began to slow down and went by several large boulders on the side of the road.

(Y/n): "Two more individuals on the side of the road." he stated.

Ruby looked out the windows and saw no one.

Ruby: "Uhhhh... no, there isn't." she pointed out.

(Y/n): "Trust me, they're in my territory. I can feel them." he pointed out.

Clover: "Alright, keep tabs on them. If things go south, get ready for anything." he stated.

(Y/n) nodded his head as he came to a stop several feet away from the barricade. Qrow and Clover left the armored truck from the back while Ruby got out from the front. Clover walked around the armored truck and smiled at Robyn in a friendly manner.

Clover: "Robyn! Well, isn't it Mantle's hometown hero. Is there a reason why you're blocking an official military transport?" he asked.

Robyn: "Clover, I'm so glad you're here. Maybe you can help me understand why this truck that's supposed to be taking construction materials to Mantle's outer wall... is on its way to the middle of nowhere. Are you lost?" she questioned.

(Y/n) was listening to the conversation with their communications devices and smiled.

(Y/n): "Ah yes, the negotiator. Pay attention, you two. We are going to see a battle of diplomacy between two factions." he commented.

Maka just looked to Penny, who just shrugged.

Clover: "It's pretty easy to get turned around out here in the tundra. Everything looks the same. Thanks for checking up on us though. We'll be on our way now." he stated.

(Y/n): "Leading with plausible deniability, though I wouldn't have gone with that approach, they do not have any evidence to prove otherwise." he muttered to himself.

Maka: "But wouldn't they know something is up? They already seem suspicious of us." she pointed out.

(Y/n): "Being suspicious of something isn't proof of wrongdoing. If people were allowed to act based solely on suspicion... well, just look at how things ended for me." he gave a sad smile.

Clover turned around and was about to walk away only to be stopped by Robyn continuing to talk.

Robyn: "I was hoping you'd play it straight with me. What's Ironwood doing with Amity at the old SDC mine." she stated.

(Y/n) faced palmed after she said this, and Maka noticed Clover smirk before turning back to face Robyn.

Clover: "Oh that, just giving her an annual check-up seeing that she got pretty banged up back in Vale." he countered.

Robyn squinted her eyes as she stared at him.

Robyn: "The next Vytal Festival isn't anytime soon. Only automated drones and a select few selected Atlas scientists are allowed out here. And Amity is getting invaluable resources that we need in Mantle to protect against Grimm... seems like more than just a "check-up." she stated.