Chapter 30: The Reunion

(Y/n) = Your name

(F/n) = Fake name

(F/c) = Favorite color

(H/c) = Hair color

(S/c) = Skin color

Third Person P.O.V

Inside a train heading to Mistral, Maka was staring at a short teenager with tan skin named Oscar Pine. He wore a dirty and scuffed white shirt that laces across the chest. The sleeves are rolled up to his elbows and there is a pocket on the left tricep. Orange suspenders hold up his olive pants, which are tucked into worn, brown boots. The pants are patched over the knee, and a quilted cloth hangs loosely out of his left pocket. He wears orange gloves with green straps overlapping across the back of the hand in an X shape, and around the wrist. His neck is wrapped with a torn bandage.

Oscar felt uncomfortable with Maka simply just staring at him without uttering a single word. He shifted around in his seat not knowing what to do.

Ozpin: "Don't be shy, she won't hurt you so long as you are respectful." he tried to reassure him.

Oscar slowly looked up with his eyes meeting hers.

Oscar: "So... um." he tried to think of what to say.

Maka: "What is your relationship with Professor Ozpin?" she suddenly asked.

Oscar: "Well... it might be a little hard to believe." he told her.

Maka: "...after everything I just experienced last week, I highly doubt it." she stated thinking back to the Garden.

Professor Ozpin: "Would you prefer that I talk to Maka instead?" he asked.

Oscar: "Please." he said out loud.

Maka looked at him in confusion as Oscar looked around the passenger car to only see that they were the only ones in it. As she was about to ask him what was wrong, Oscar closed his eyes and took a deep breath before a bright green light radiated from him. Maka quickly jumped out of her seat ready to run only for the glow radiating from Oscar to disappear. He looked over to Maka and smiled.

Professor Ozpin: "It is nice to see a familiar again. How have you been, Maka?" he asked with a smile.

Maka looked at him a bit confused. She sees Oscar, yet she hears Professor Ozpin's voice coming out of him. She shook her head thinking that going into the Garden might have messed her up mentally.

Professor Ozpin: "Surprised? I can't fault you for it." he stated.

Maka: "I... wait... are you Professor Ozpin?" she asked.

Professor Ozpin: "Yes." he responded.

Maka: "...what do you what?" she asked sounding angry.

Oscar: "Um... what is your relationship with her?" he asked sounding nervous.

Professor Ozpin: "Maka... where's Cara and (Y/n)? The last time I saw them was at Beacon and when we saw you boarding the train, I assumed they were with you or somewhere nearby." he told her.

Maka: "I... Cara's gone." she revealed.

Professor Ozpin's eyes widened as he looked down to the table in shock. The little girl he once knew was gone. Maka could see the sadness in his eyes before he closed them. He took a deep breath and looked back up to Maka recomposing himself.