Chapter 13: The Unwelcome Visit To Beacon

(Y/n) = Your name

(S/c) = Skin color

(H/c) = Hair color

(F/c) = Favorite color

(N/n) = Nickname

[.....] = Texting/Writing

(Y/n) P.O.V

After the strange yet wonderful memory I had a few minutes ago, Roman took us to the surface of Mountain Glenn. We were currently walking to a cliff at the edge of the city that overlooked the nearby forest and mountains. But as we stood at the edge of the cliff, I felt something off. My core...it hurts. Being at this cliffside...it hurts. Why?

Roman: "Alright. So what is it that you wanted to talk about partner?" he asked me which made me snap out of my inner thoughts.

Me: "I... I'm sorry!" that was all that came out of my mouth as I stared at Roman.

He only looked at me in confusion.

Roman: "Sorry for what? I don't exactly remember you doing anything worth apologizing over." he stated to me as he brought out a cigar and lit it.

Me: "Yes I do. You know damn well what I did. You know... whose blood is on my hands. You have every right to kill me Roman." I told him sadly as I stared at him.

He didn't say anything. All he did was continue looking out in the distance at the rising sun. So I decided to continue.

Me: "I promised to protect her, but I killed her! I killed our Tori! I don't deserve to be considered family anymore.... I'm no better than a human." I said quietly as I stared down at the ground.

The next brief moments happened to fast. I heard Roman let out a yell followed by footsteps. I looked up only for my face to meet a fist. The punch sent me flying on to the ground. I only laid there as my good fell down with my hair covering most of my face now. I felt my cheek swell a bit before my core started to heal me. My eyes only gazed up to Roman. He punched me.

He didn't stopped there though. He came up to me and crouch down grabbing me by the collar with his left hand and yanking me up a bit before punching me several more times with his right arm. I felt a sharp pain on my nose as I felt it swoll up a bit before drops of blood begin to trickled down my nose. Then another punch hit my left eye hard and all I know was that I couldn't really see anymore. Roman continued punching my face over and over again. I deserved every one of these punches, but I deserve much more.

Roman: "The hell are you on about! "Don't deserve to be consider family?" and "No better than a human". You got to be kidding me! What happened to the cold-hearted bastard I used to know? The bastard that I competed with when we were younger! Do you honestly think I hate you for killing Tori after she told you to do it!" he said as he punched me one final time before my core healed all the damaged he did.

Roman: "Listen (Y/n). No matter what you do or who you are, you're still family. Don't forget that!" he yelled as he lifted me up onto my feet.

I only looked at him in utter confusion as he looked at me with a smile on his face. It reminded me so much of Tori.

Me: "...What are you doing? I don't understand. I can't understand! How?! How can you let something like that go? I killed your family, but...you forgive me? I just don't understand you humans." I said as I looked down to the ground.

Roman only chuckled as he walked over to me and wrapped his arm around my shoulder.

Roman: "Yeah...we humans are complete morons that allow our feelings to make most of our decisions, but you gotta give us credit for all the things we achieved." he told me as we looked into the distance.