Chapter 26: An Old Promise

(Y/n) = Your name

(S/c) = Skin color

(H/c) = Hair color

(F/c) = Favorite color

(N/n) = Nickname

Third Person P.O.V

(Sixty Years Ago)

At the port on the island of Patch, a ship arrived carrying more refugees from Vale because of the war that was raging on between the four kingdoms. It's been four years since the war had started with Grimm attacks increasing by the day. However, rumors began circulating about an island west of Vale being relatively safe of Grimm attacks due to the school dedicated to fighting Grimm. It didn't take long for these rumors to spread like wildfire and refugee's of the war began making their way to this island, the island of Patch.

Before the war, Patch was nothing more than a small republic. The republic's independence was guaranteed by Vale after the first and the only ruler of Patch was killed by pirates centuries ago. When the relative of the first king came, he decided that Patch should be ruled by the people. After years, the relationship between Patch and Vale was never friendly. As the Signal Family held hatred towards monarchy of Vale. The people of Patch understood why and felt the same.

During the war, Vale had asked if they could dock their warships at their island or station troops there for their safety, but the people of Patched refused after the Signal Family had voted no. The Signal Family had a great influence over the people. 

As the war raged on, representatives of Mantle and Mistral offered the people of Patch an alliance stating that it would be better if they were to just summit before they arrive with their armies in Vale.

Once this demand was presented to the people, talk began to spread across the island. There was going to be war. The question was, who will they side with? Do they join the people they hate and fight for their liberty of expression? Or do they join those who seek to force their way of life onto all? As the people began to think, more ships full of refugees arrived. Many of them were Faunus. They were rather surprised by the fact the Faunus already living on the island were rather happy since there was a sense of equality with their government. It took decades for both Humans and Faunus on Patch to accept one another but their patience was rewarded.

Among the newly arrived Faunus refugees were two cat Faunus. One was a teenage girl with short, black, shaggy hair that reached down to the middle of her neck along with amber eyes. Next to her was a teenage boy with black hair that was spiky on the center and right side of his head with the left side almost shaved off. He had a scruffy beard. The girl was Jill Belladonna and the boy was her brother, Jack Belladonna. The two of them wore dirty rags.

The two siblings walked down the ramp and onto the docks along with several dozen Faunus. All of them looked around as they were greeted by the native islanders with food as the local militia guided them to the refugee camp located outside of town. As they were being guided there, Jill noticed that the militia was made up of both Faunus and Humans.

It didn't take long to arrive at the refugee camp and much to their surprise, they were greeted by a small town of wooden buildings. Nearby, locals were cutting down trees and constructing more housing for their new neighbors. As the Faunus entered the town, human refugees looked upon them as if they were bugs invading their homes.

Human One: "Why the hell are they here?!" he yelled.

Human Two: "That's right! Shouldn't you put those animals on the farm or something?!" she asked a militia member.