Chapter 5: New Players and Old Pieces

(Y/n) = Your name

(S/c) = Skin color

(H/c) = Hair color

(F/c) = Favorite color

(N/n) = Nickname

Ruby P.O.V

Weiss and I have been walking around looking for the Forest Temple for about twenty minutes after our little argument and like before we still haven't found it. So far we just walked and walked, never saying a word to one another. But even if we did had something to say to each other, it probably wouldn't be positive.

Soon after walking another minute, we stumbled upon a clearing that was full of craters and broken trees.

Me: "Whoa..." that was all I could say to what we saw.

I looked over to Weiss to see her completely surprised and I have to agree with her...for once. It looks like someone or something went crazy and destroyed everything in its way.

We started to walk through the clearing while looking around.

Weiss: "What could've possible have done this? There is no possible way that a Grimm would've just go on a ramage for no reason." she stated while looking around, but she stopped walking and bent over to pick something up.

Weiss: "Unless it was fighting someone?" she said out loud while holding up a piece of torn (F/c) cloth.

My eyes lit up and I used my semblance to rush over to her and snatching the (F/c) cloth away from her.

Weiss: "Hey! I was looking at that!" she yelled at me, but I ignored her and looked at the (F/c) cloth.

Me: "This is apart of (Y/n)'s cloak." I said to Weiss surprising her, but she quickly recomposed herself and crossed her arms.

Weiss: "And you know this how?" she questioned me in disbelief, but I looked at her while smirking.

Me: "Well I was the one who got him his FAVORITE (F/c) cloak, but besides if I know (Y/n). Which I do, since I'm his best friend. Then he should have a piece of red wire hidden inside his cloa- found it!" I cheered out holding a piece of (Y/n)'s red wire.

Weiss's eyes widen, she looked so surprised! Ha I just proved miss know it all that I knew (Y/n) more than she'll ever will.

Weiss: "But...how?! How could you have ever known that (Y/n) would hide his red wires inside his cloak?" she asked me, I pointed my thumb at myself.

Me: "Because I know (Y/n) like the back of my hand. He's always been the cautious type, so I figured as much he would hide some of his red wires in his cloak, just in case he needed some." I said to Weiss proudly.

Weiss: "Whatever. You just got lucky, that's all. Anyway, if you're right about that piece of cloth belonging to (Y/n), then that means he was here. So we might be close by. But who knows when he left, it could've been a long time ago" she said to me.

We both looked down in depression, all we achieved right now was that (Y/n) wasn't here and that we still don't know where the Forest Temple was at. That's when I suddenly heard something in the forest, I looked over to Weiss, who also heard the noise. We both quietly snuck over to where we heard the sound, as we got closer it got louder and louder. When we were behind a bush, we both looked over it to see a Nevermore standing in a smaller clearing. Immediately Weiss and I lowered our heads behind the bush.

Weiss: "We need to leave now! There is no way we can beat that thing by ourselves." she whispered to me, while trying to sneak away. But I grabbed her hand, I had a idea.