Chapter 3: The First Step or First Crash

(Y/n) = Your name

(S/c) = Skin color

(H/c) = Hair color

(F/c) = Favorite color

(N/n) = Nickname

(Y/n) P.O.V

It's been a hour or two since everyone fell asleep, it should be just past midnight, but honestly I don't understand how they can fall asleep. If you're asleep someone can easily kill you and besides night makes up almost half of the day, so why waste it. Like you can train, work, study...go for a walk....ok there isn't a lot to do in public. But the criminal underworld is where all the fun is at night and i'm so glad Professor Ozpin allows me to go out at night, not like I was going to listen to him if he said otherwise. But today was different though since in initiation is in the morning and I need to save all my energy. Besides it's not like I can actually sleep like the rest of them anyway.

I'm currently walking through Beacon heading towards the library, normally the library would be closed and locked up, but Professor Ozpin gave me a spare key to go inside. The library was was the only place I liked to hang around at by myself, that or in Professor Ozpin's Office. The reasons are simple, most people tend to avoid both locations. But I like them because it's quiet and secluded, well except for Professor Ozpin office for obvious reasons.

As I was cutting through the courtyard when I heard a caw of a raven near me. When I looked around I saw a raven on a bench and immediately a genuine smile formed on my face and I made my way towards her. When I was directly in front of her, she flew up and landed on my right shoulder. I let out a chuckle and began to walk around the courtyard with my little friend. I known this raven ever since my second visit to Mistral and ever since she would follow me around, it somehow manage to get to Mistral to Beacon somehow. I don't know why but I feel a special connection with this raven.

Me: "Wow it's been awhile hasn't it miss raven? How are you? Have you been doing well?" I asked the raven. Earning me a small nod from her.

Me: "That's great! But i'm kinda nervous with all these new students, i'm kinda worried that they'll all gang up on me you know? Sure I made three friends yesterday and reunited with my first friend, but I can't bring myself to trust the faunus or humans. I can't think straight being surrounded by them." I told her while looking up to the sky. She let out a caw followed up with a peck to my head, telling me to shut up and be strong....I think.

Me: "Your right! I shouldn't show weakness. It's survival of the fittest and only the strong survive! Hehe man I feel much better talking to you sometimes than an actual person you know?" I said to her, this cause her to snuggle with my head, and I started to pet her.

?????: "I was wondering who was making all that racket, here I was expecting one of the new students getting lost looking for the restroom, but it was only you (Y/n)." a voice suddenly said behind me.

I looked behind me to see Professor Ozpin sipping his coffee, immediately I felt relaxed but miss raven seemed to just stare at him like she was glaring at him or something. Right before I could say anything she gently bit my ear through my hood then let out a caw before flying off.

Me: "Wow professor looks like she really hates you. I'm guessing birds hate you huh?" I said to Professor Ozpin while chuckling. He seemed to let out a sigh before a smile formed on his face.

Professor Ozpin: "You could say I have a long history with ravens, but you on the other hand always been great with ravens." he told me before gesturing me to follow him.

Me: "Wait what do you mean by I have always been great with ravens?" I questioned him.

Professor Ozpin: "All in due time. Lets just say you always love ravens and ravens will always love you." he said to me. I always hate it when he gets all cryptic with me.