Chapter 6: The Burden of The Badge of Responsibility

(Y/n) = Your name

(S/c) = Skin color

(H/c) = Hair color

(F/c) = Favorite color

(N/n) = Nickname

[.....] = Texting

Third Person P.O.V

(Y/n) and Roman stood and stared down on a table in a dimly lit room. They were discussing on which Dust shop (Y/n) should rob that night. Roman pointed to a Dust shop near a park at the center of Vale.

Roman: "This one should do. My informant says that a fresh shipment of Dust just arrived this afternoon. Since we're short on people I chose someone you'll get along with as your partner." he told (Y/n).

(Y/n) was wearing his assassination outfit. It basically was worn out clothing, dirty bandages, and a small black cloak and used the hood to cover his head and upper face like he usually does with his (F/c) cloak.

(Y/n): "This really brings back memories of our small group and our first job in Vacuo." he reminded Roman, who's face lit up.

Roman: "Oh yeah! Man we killed it back than! We made one hell of a team, we made a nice little group. But you moved onto bigger and riskier jobs that were to much for my taste. What was your reasoning again? To make everyone fear you?" he asked (Y/n) curiously.

(Y/n): "Yeah that was it. Sure the jobs were risky, but the fear that I created made the enemies chasing me fear and respect me. To announce to everyone that if they wanted to come after me, then there going to have a very hard time doing it." he informed Roman, who looked at (Y/n) confused.

Roman: "Why go through all that trouble for just that? Is there a reason partner?" he asked his "brother".

(Y/n) looked at his "brother" with a sad smile, Roman was shock to say in the least. He hasn't seen (Y/n) sad in the few years, not since that certain incident in Vacuo.

(Y/n): "To be honest with you...I'm tired...tired of running and fighting for survival. I just wanted to live in peace, but life had other plans. I guess that's  one of the reasons why I accepted the job that you offered me a while ago." he said to Roman.

Roman: "But things seemed to be going well at Beacon, why come out of your very early retirement? Are you happy?" he questioned (Y/n).

(Y/n): "Beacon...was just a temporary solution, to buy me some time before I'm thrown back into the harsh world. I know that I can stay in Beacon for only so long, so I wanted to savor the moment of peace. Honestly...I'm glad I came." he said to Roman.

(Y/n): "But enough of that sad talk, we got work to do right?" he said smiling at Roman, who return the smile.

Roman: "Yeah! To hell with that and let's get the show on the road. Can't have my boss getting upset with me, I don't feel like getting roasted alive by her." he told (Y/n) who raised a eyebrow.

(Y/n): "The great lady-killer of Vacuo has finally fallen. Looks like it is the end of the world after all huh?" he told Roman trying not to laugh.

Roman: "Quiet you! It's not like that...it's complicated ok? Anyway get going, your partner for tonight isn't the most patient one." he said to (Y/n).

(Y/n) began to tie his bandages around his lower face to fully hide his face and only revealing his left red eye and eyepatch with his hood down.

(Y/n): "Alright I'll see you in a bit Roman...and I'm actually glad you called me a few months, it was nice to talk with "family" again."