Chapter 16: A Dance Full of Burning Passion

(Y/n) = Your name

(S/c) = Skin color

(H/c) = Hair color

(F/c) = Favorite color

(N/n) = Nick name

(Y/n) P.O.V

I ended up spending the entire night on the roof just staring at the stars as I chatted with Cara. We talked about many things, from simple stuff like school to more complex subjects like what are we planning to do after graduating Beacon. We talked about that subject so many times over the years, but we never thought of anything really. Maybe we'll go back to Vacuo and take care of some business. But I couldn't think about doing stuff like that anymore, now I needed to include Weiss as well, I can't just leave her behind. I also couldn't leave behind everyone else like Maka and Ruby. But we'll have to go our separate ways eventually in the future.

Cara and I tried to think of something, but we only ended up spending the entire night talking without coming up with a good idea. I'm just glad that today was Saturday because I still didn't feel so good. By body still felt sore and I could cough up that black liquid once in a while. Cara and I had no clue what to make of it. Apparently Professor Ozpin didn't know what it was either, so we decided to research it online on the computers at the library.

As we walked into the library, we noticed that there weren't a whole lot of people, which made sense seeing that it was the weekend. But nevertheless, I wanted to be as far as I can from everyone, I didn't need anyone looking over my shoulder to see what I'm researching. So we made our way to the far end of the library. Once I found a table, I immediately began researching.

I spent most of the day researching the strange black liquid, but found almost no information about it. There were some information about a humanoid creature made of smoke that had black blood, but that was just a very old story made long before the kingdoms were created. But how does something made out of smoke bleed?! I groaned and slammed my head down on the table and turning off the computer.

Me: "Nothing." I said to Cara out loud.

Cara: "Maybe we're dying?" she asked.

I thought about it for a while. That could be a possibility, but if that was the case, why? We still have two lives left so we can't be dying... Can we? The thought of it scared me. I don't want to die just yet and I'm sure Cara wouldn't either. No, we can't be dying.

Me: "Maybe we're just sick? Sick in our own way. Remember what Ozpin told us before? He said that we were corrupted? Maybe it's just that." I said to Cara as I crossed my arms.

Blake: "So you are sick?" she suddenly said.

My eyes widen as I looked in front of me to see Blake on a computer. She looked tired with the bags underneath her eyes. I was impressed that she actually manage to sneak up on me like that.

Blake: "What are you sick with?" she asked.

I thought about it with Cara for a few seconds and decided with a cold. We told Blake this and she didn't seem convinced at all, but she didn't press the issue. I was thankful that she didn't because we couldn't think of anything better than a cold at the moment.

I asked her why she was at the library and she said that she wanted to do a bit more research before taking a "break". I had a feeling that her break was just for one day, but that was still better than nothing. After getting that settled, we talked about what I expect from her and the rest of team RWBY.

First, the needed to try and keep property damage to a minimum, Iron Man gave me an earful about the whole highway incident. Saying that it took a lot of time and effort to take all the footage from the camaras and convincing the police to not got after team RWBY. But at least he gave me some slack for recovering the hard drive with them. I hope whatever's on it better be worth all the trouble.