Chapter 24: The Rose of Our Garden

(Y/n) = Your name

(S/c) = Skin color

(H/c) = Hair color

(F/c) = Favorite color

(N/n) = Nickname

Third Person P.O.V

After the airship set down on the landing pad, Maka and Cara made their way to the ship that was heading towards Mistral. When they arrived, there was snow on the ground indicating that winter had arrived. Nevertheless, the quickly paid for their tickets and boarded the ship before heading to their room. When they got in, Cara locked the door and gestured Maka to sit down. She sat down on the bed as Cara pulled a chair from the table in the room closer to the bed before sitting down. 

Cara: "Just to let you know, there is a lot to talk about. It'll probably take me a year just to tell you the more important lives we lived. Are you ok with that?" she asked.

Maka: "...yes." she said making herself comfortable.

Cara: "Alright... let's see... we'll start with the last life we lived." she told her.

Maka: "Huh? We're not starting at the beginning?" she questioned.

Cara slowly lifted her hand to where her eyepatch was before lowering it back to her lap.

Cara: "I... I don't think I'm ready to start at the beginning. We'll go backwards and by the time I get to our beginning, we should be at the entrance of the Garden." she told her.

Maka was a bit curious to why Cara was so hesitant to why she didn't want to start at the beginning, but she didn't want to press her on the matter since she was the one telling her this information.

Cara: "Anyway, this story starts thirty years ago. The life we lost our memories and the life we found thought we find happiness. The life we found the light in the darkness of our harsh world. When we met Sunshine. I'll tell you everything of importance but I doubt I know everything." she said with a smile.

(Twenty Years Ago)

In the dead of night during a harsh blizzard at the far north of Atlas, was a small boy with (S/c) skin wearing an Atlas style (F/c) military sheepskin parka with a white scarf wrapped around his neck which also covered the lower part of his face. He also had an (F/c) ushanka on his head and his fairly long (H/c) hair was in a braid. He also wore black jeans with black combat boots. There was an annoyed look on his face as he held himself for warmth as snow flew around him.

(Y/n): "Th-There had to be a fucking blizzard o-outside the entrance d-didn't there." he complained to Cara.

Cara: "At least we had winter clothing this time, unlike the first time." she told him inside his head.

(Y/n): "T-The first time? We were naked. D-Didn't we freeze to death that t-time?" he questioned.

Cara: "No, I'm almost certain it was a bear." she reminded.

(Y/n): "N-Nevertheless, I-I hate the c-cold." he said.

Cara: "Don't worry, the nearest town is three days away. It's not like we need to sleep or eat." she reminded.

He sighed blowing out a cloud of smoke. They were used to these kinds of conditions at this point after so many times. All they wanted to do was go to their safe haven of Patch in Vale, it was one of several locations that were safe for them, the rest were the entrances to the Garden which Ozpin didn't know the locations of.