Chapter 22: More Secrets Within Shadows

(Y/n) = Your name

(S/c) = Skin color

(H/c) = Hair color

(F/c) = Favorite color

(N/n) = Nickname

Qrow P.O.V

I slowly look up to see nothing but the gears in the ceiling moving around like usual do until a black mist began to slowly descend from the ceiling onto Cara. I quickly stepped back as the black mist swirled around her like a vortex.

Cara: "Now, why don't you say hello to an old friend, Bird Brain." she said to him.

I only stared at the black mist as it slowly moved away from Cara to form a humanoid body that was barely able to keep that form together as parts of the mist floated off it. This was (Y/n).

Me: "What... happened to him?" I asked.

I could see Cara' eyes harden as she stared past me to look at James making me sigh.

Me: "What did he do?" I asked pitching the bridge of my nose.

Cara: "Long story short, that stupid machine downstairs works." she said clearly upset.

The black mist slowly floated towards me and began swirling around me similar to what it did with Cara as if it was looking for something. It took me a second to figure out what it may be looking for as I reached into the pocket inside my coat where I keep two things: my flask and a red shard. I pulled out the red shard which made the black mist known as (Y/n) to stop swirling around me and float towards the shard.

Cara: "What is that?" she asked.

I looked back to Oz to see him hesitate for a second before nodding his head.

Me: "It's a long story?" I said rubbing my hair.

(Flashback)

As we stood on the roof of a building in Mountian Glenn, where a bullhead was waiting, Raven knocked Glynda unconscious, while Tai, and I forced the rest of (Y/n)'s team to take her back to Beacon, but before they left, one of the female members on their team stopped and asked us about (Y/n). I didn't remember her name but I didn't say anything and just told her to leave. I couldn't look her in the eyes knowing what we were going to do. Once they left, we went to a nearby building where Summer was waiting inside, the building was a few streets away from the building we were camping out in and where (Y/n) was currently at making us lunch.

We told Summer that we should go on a mission with (Y/n)'s team which made her happy since we have been avoiding them ever since Ozpin told us about (Y/n) and what he really is. As we walked into the room where she was humming happily, Tai told her to sit down and to hear us out. We never told Summer the real reason we were here until now.

Summer: "N-No! I won't do it!" she cried out taking a step back.

Taiyang: "Summer, I know you love him but-" he tried to say.

Summer: "I won't kill him! I won't help you kill him!" she yelled angerly.

Me: "Summer... we have to. If we don't kill him, then the world won't be safe. The only one who can kill him... is you." I told her.

Summer: "But... I... I can't! I won't! You can't make me!" she yelled.

Raven: "Summer! Do you remember that orphanage you came from? The children there? Everyone will die because of him. It's kill or be killed. If we don't kill him, he will kill us later in the future. Remember when he said he wouldn't lie or keep secrets from us? He lied. Can you really trust him." she asked her.