Chapter 17: A Dance of Love

(Y/n) = Your name

(S/c) = Skin color

(H/c) = Hair color

(F/c) = Favorite color

(Y/n) P.O.V

At the moment, there was silence between Weiss and me and we continued to dance with one another. The two of us were to embarrassed to look at each other in the eye. It didn't take long for me to understand what Weiss wanted to do because Maka was kind enough to tell me about things no one else wanted to explain. Now I wished I didn't know.

Me: "O-Ok... after the dance right?" I asked nervously.

Weiss: "Y-Y-Yes! Just the two of us. If anyone asks, just tell them we're going on a date." she told me as the song ended.

I nodded and the two of us went our separate ways seeing that we both needed to mentally prepare for later tonight. I went upstairs and walked out to the balcony to think, but the main reason was that I don't exactly feel comfortable in big parties or clubs like Juniors. Too many people for my taste. So I only do somethings for a while before finding a nice quiet place for myself. When I saw the balcony with no one, it seemed like a perfect place to escape and relax. So many things were happening around me and I have no idea what exactly. The most I could is hope things go well but I highly doubt that things will play out that way. I sighed and walked over to the stone railing and leaned on it.

Me: "This sucks." I said plainly.

Cara: "That's life in a nutshell. At least we all have each other for support." she pointed out.

Me: "Righ-!" I was about to agree until I was interrupted by my coughing.

I began coughing rather violently and I held onto the railing for dear life. The pain in my core was getting much worse. I decided to pull it out of my body and lift it in front of me. My core was even more black and less red. Whatever the black part as, it was doing something to the core, but I had no idea what it was or why it was suddenly turning black all of a sudden. I held onto my core as I began to cough of more of the strange black liquid again, but there was much more this time. At least I wasn't passing out this time.

?????: "(Y/n)." I heard a familiar voice call out to me.

I looked back to see Maka walking up to me with a plate of food.

Me: "Hey Maka, you need something?" I asked curiously.

Maka: "The foods great tonight, don't you wanna eat something?" she asked me.

Me: "Uhh... no. I don't want to deal with all those people just to get some food. Besides, it's not like Cara or me need food or anything from what we know, we only eat to taste something yummy and that's it." I reminded her.

Maka: "Your missing out (Y/n). This stuff is delicious." she stated as she eat something from her plate.

Me: "Fine, then give us some of yours." I said holding out my hand.

Maka: "Nope!" she said moving her plate away from me.

Me: "...food hog." I teased with a small smile before looking back at the night sky.

So this is what living a normal life feels like at a party. Kinda boring and bland if you don't have anyone to spend time with. But now that I think about it, living a normal life sounds nice if people stop try to kill me. Maybe I should live in the wild and away from the Kingdoms, at least I wouldn't have to deal with people at least, but then I won't be able to spend time with everyone.... I hate choices.