Chapter 29: A Story Ends

(Y/n) = Your name

(S/c) = Skin color

(H/c) = Hair color

(F/c) = Favorite color

(N/n) = Nickname

Cara P.O.V

I let out a sigh as I finished writing a letter for (N/n) and looked out of the window of the small hut. We arrived in a small abandoned town earlier today and set up camp for the night. It's been so long since I actually stayed in this small town, even longer since I last saw someone living here. As I continued to look out the window, I heard the slight sound of the wooden floor creaking. Looking back, I saw Maka walking inside. She looked at me and made her way over to me and sat down beside me.

Maka: "So how did you know there was a town here?" she asked.

Me: "...this was the town I was born in." I revealed to her.

Maka: "That explains why you were able to find it so quickly." she said laughing a bit.

All I did was give her a small nod before looking out of the window again.

Maka: "So... isn't it time that you tell me about your story?" she asked.

Me: "...yeah. Come on, might as well do it now. Let's go." I said to her.

Maka stood up while I slowly got up only to trip forward and wrap my arms around her. She quickly caught me as I swiftly and quietly placed my letter in her coat pocket without her noticing. I apologized for tripping on her before gesturing her to follow me. I led her to the center of my old town and stopped once we had a good view of the mountain.

Me: "Do you want to hear a nursery rhyme?" I asked as I looked back to her.

She nodded her head.

Me: "Once upon a time. Long ago, far away, millenniums before your day. Humans lived, all alone, before the Faunus ever roamed. There was magic all around. But this tale starts with one, all alone in her town." I began singing the nursery rhyme.

Me: "All her life, she dealt with strife. Being feared by those she loved. Till one day she ran away, forgetting words she heard one day. Listen, children to my words: Never venture to the woods! If you go in, you won't come back! Human child, human child, forgot what she learned. Human child, human child ran from the wolfs. Human child, human child ran into a bush. Human child, human child fell down a hole to the lair of something unknown." I finish singing to her.

Maka: "Yeah, I remember my... someone telling that nursery rhyme." she told her.

Me: "(N/n) and I made that nursery rhyme a long time ago... it was about me when I was a small child, around seven I think." I revealed to her.

(Tens of Thousands of Years Ago)

I sat between two bushes in the town square with a knife as the other children were playing in at the center of the square with their magic. Life wasn't fair. I slowly cut my finger with my knife and slowly made my blood stretch out and move through the air. 

Everyone says my Blood Magic was evil, that I was the spawn of the God of Darkness. But there was nothing wrong with controlling blood was there? I never tried controlling another person's blood before nor did I did anything bad with my magic. I sighed as stood up after making my blood go back into my cut before healing it. I began quickly making my way around the square when I heard one of the children cry out in pain. Hearing this, I hid behind a bush not wanting to be blamed for something I didn't do. There were sounds of panic as the cries continued. I quietly looked from around the push to see that one of the children were on the ground with a shard of broken rock stuck in their leg. There was a fair amount of blood coming out of his wound.