Chapter 19: The Unbroken Cycle

(Y/n) = Your name

(S/c) = Skin color

(H/c) = Hair color

(F/c) = Favorite color

[.....] = Texting/Writing

(Y/n) P.O.V

(Fragment Memory Continues)

After a long... long battle with the members of team STRQ, I found myself sitting deep within the forest on a small patch of flowers and away from our original battlefield. During the battle, they managed to prevent me from fully transforming into one of my true forms. Now my appearance was deformed. My entire body was slowly fading away in black smoke. My body was pitch black with a odd shape. It was like the first time I tried to take shape as something smoke-like, by becoming a solid being before slowly molding myself to look... human.

But now I lack the energy to mold myself one again. Not like it would help me either way. They will soon find me and kill me, if not them, the corruption of our core will. I slowly attempted to form a arm as I brought out our "core" or what I have been telling everyone. My "arm" was nothing more than black sludge trying to take shape as most of it fell and splashed onto the ground. I could barely hold up our "core" to see the once bright red jewel now almost completely black as cracks covered it.

This was it, I lowered myself down to the ground and laid down on the grass and next to the flowers. This would be a new ending for us. Our core was now going to break for the first time.

We have lived and died in too many lifetimes to count. Hundreds of thousands at least. We befriended so many people and made just as many enemies as well, some were even our own friends. But for the first time a few life times ago, we fell in love twice. The first was our traitorous first wife named Elizabeth, who betrayed our entire family. And second was Joana, Elizabeth's cousin. She was a warrior and we formed a huntsman academy together. Signal Academy.

But now. Maybe we'll finally die this time. This long, unbroken cycle of torment may finally end. We never had this kind of ending before. This could be the one. The only question we had was what happens after we die? Is there a after life? We seen so many religions rise and fall over our lifetimes. Will we face a eternal void? Will we even still be together. We felt scared. Neither of us wanted to be separated.

As we laid there on the grass, we stared up to the dark night sky filled with stars as the wind pushed the tree branches. Every time it ends, it's always the same.

(Flashback)

I swung my halberd vertically in front of me at the Mantle and Mistral soldiers attempted to kill me and cross the bridge. I managed to cut a few of them in half as some of the others weren't close enough to be cut in half and only had their abdomen cut opened up. Their intestines spewed onto the already bloody floor of the bridged in pinkish brown coils. There was no way I was allowing them to pass. We were ordered to hold this bridge so the final battle near Vacuo could end this war.

The bridge was covered in blood, intestines, and bodies of many people. But they did a number on us already. I, no longer have any more lives left to use. So this was my last stand. I had ordered Arthur and Jill to take charge of everyone so they could finish preparing the explosives at the pillars of the bridge to take it down.

I quickly pulled back my halberd and looked upon my enemies as they stood in front of me with fear in their eye. They had earn my respect for facing me even though they were scared beyond belief.

I began charging forward towards them as arrow after arrow bounce of my armor or managed to pierce though some expose locations. It was certain times like these where I wished I had a shield. I crashed into their lines and began swing my halberd around throwing some people off the edge to the deep canyon below or slice them to bits. All of this came to a end when some people pierced through my armor with their spears. This stopped me for a brief moment giving them all enough time to attack me.