Chapter 4: Hidden Secrets of the Emerald Forest

(Y/n) = Your name

(S/c) = Skin color

(H/c) = Hair color

(F/c) = Favorite color

(N/n) = Nickname

Weiss P.O.V

Me: 'Great just great! One minute I'm with that dolt, next thing I knew it she disappears and I'm surrounded by Grimm alone. Why did I have to be partnered up with her of all people." I thought to myself as I was pushed back a few feet by a Beowolf attack, this made me fall to a knee.

I wasn't just going to let these mangy mutts knock me around like a ball. I stood up and got into my stance. If I couldn't protect myself then how could I ever protect (Y/n), I need to stay strong and focus.

Me: 'Head up, shoulders back, right foot forward, not that forward. Slow your breathing, wait for the right time to strike...and now!' I thought to myself before launching forward, thrusting my rapier at the Beowolf in front of me.

But as I was getting near the Beowolf, Ruby appeared in front of it slashing it once. This completely caught me off guard and I panic, since she was in the path my attack. So right before I reach her I launch my fire attack somewhere else. I ended up launching a large trail of fire away from Ruby and towards the forest scorching the ground, the attack hit and incinerated a tree.

I was thankful my attack didn't hit the dolt, but that feeling soon faded away as Ruby was hit by the Beowolf and was sent flying to me. She knocked me back a couple of steps and she fell to her hands and knees.

Ruby: "Hey watch it!" she yelled at me as she stood up.

Why is she telling me to watch it when she suddenly appeared in front of me and was the one who bump into me! I honestly don't see what (Y/n) see in her at all, she's nothing but a nuisance.

Me: "Excuse me, you attack out of turn!. I could have killed you!" I told Ruby in annoyance.

Ruby: "You'll have to try a lot larger than that." she said to me as looked around.

We saw that we were surrounded by a pack of Beowolfs and a rather large Beowolf in front of us howling. Ruby was getting ready to continue fighting as she reloaded her weapon. That's when suddenly a tree fell down on fire, it soon dawn on me that the fire I launch a few moments ago was now turning into a forest fire. I quickly rushed over to Ruby and grabbed her hand.

Me: "We have to go" I told her as I began running away from the fire and Beowolfs.

I could hear the fire roar and the Beowolfs howl behind us, but I didn't look back and continued to run away with Ruby trailing behind me. As we came to a stop at a safe distance to the fire, I started panting by the amount of running I did.

Ruby: "What was that?! That should've been easy!" she started yelling at me.

Me: "Easy?! If we stayed we would've had to fight a pack of Beowolfs while surrounded by a blazing forest fire and the last time I check people weren't fireproof! Perhaps if you had exercised even the slightest amount of caution with the placement of your strikes, I would've have set the forest on fire!" I yelled back at her for being complete dolt.

Ruby: "What's that supposed to mean?" she scoffed and questioned me.

Me: "I'm just surprised that someone who talked so much would communicate so little during an encounter." I pointed out to Ruby as she crossed her arms.

Ruby: "Well, I'm sorry that you need my help to win a fight! I'm just fine on my own!" she retorted.

Weiss: "Well, congratulations on being the strongest child to sneak your way into Beacon, bravo." I said to her before walking away, but I stopped and looked back for a moment.