Chapter 12: Their Best Day Ever

A/n: If you see a spelling or grammar error, please feel free to point it out. Thanks!

(Y/n) = Your name

(S/c) = Skin color

(H/c) = Hair color

(F/c) = Favorite color

(N/n) = Nickname

[.....] = Texting/Writing

Maka P.O.V

It has been about a few weeks since I enrolled into Beacon and nearing the start of the second semester and to be perfectly honest, I love it here. I've been having the time of my life. Humans and Faunus were so fascinating, they all have different goals, weaknesses, strengths, and personalities. Why does mother hate them so much? Why does (Y/n) hate them so much?

I spent almost all my time with (Y/n) since he accepted me into his support team after I beat him in a fight because I got lucky. That power I used, it was similar to what (Y/n) does when he covers himself with the black particles in the air. But it looked as if I could only create weapons on my body and nothing more. (Y/n) stated that it would be a good idea not to tell or show anyone that power.

Something I found out about (Y/n) was that even though I'm someone who knows a lot about him, he's a complete mystery to me. He doesn't trust Professor Ozpin saying that "Professor Ozpin is hiding something from me and I feel like it's important. So you shouldn't trust him either." so he said.

The day after our battle and his date with Weiss, who is now in a relationship with (Y/n), shocking everyone. I noticed the disappointed looks in Pyrrha's and Ruby's faces when Weiss announced it, I wasn't the only one who noticed it. Weiss seemed to notice it as well.

So after that, (Y/n) and I went to our dorm room and talked. All night long. I never felt so tired before, but he looked as if he wasn't tired at all. A lot of what he said shocked me.

(A Few weeks ago)

Me: "So let me try to understand what you just said...that soul inside you...isn't yours?" I asked (Y/n), who was sitting at a desk reading a book.

(Y/n): "Not at all. From what I found out, that soul belongs to Cara." he stated as he flipped a page of his book.

Me: "Who's Cara?" I questioned him as I sat on the bed near him.

(Y/n): "The girl who's fused with me? Or was it that I absorbed her? Anyway, she's been around as far as I remember, which is not a lot. From our understanding, we lost our memory." he told me as he looked over to me.

Me: "I guess that explains why your guy's soul looks so strange compared to everyone else." I stated to him.

He looked at me curiously before placing his book down and walking over to the bed I was sitting on and sat next to me.

(Y/n): "What does our soul look like." He questioned me as he looked at me curiously.

Me: "Well? It kinda looked like a glowing red ball of flame that was covered in a layer of black smoke or something along those lines. It looked as if it was shielding the soul." I told him making him more curious.

(Y/n): "But how did you know it wasn't mine?" he asked me.

I didn't say anything as I leaned over to him and reached my hand into his (F/c) cloak. My hand moved careful to the secret pocket hidden in his cloak that I spotted when I saw Cara's soul. My hand found the hidden pocket and went inside to grab something spherical. I pulled my hand back out of his cloak and lifted the small red orb in front of his eyes.