Chapter 23: The Cycle Finally Ends

(Y/n) = Your name

(S/c) = Skin color

(H/c) = Hair color

(F/c) = Favorite color

(N/n) = Nickname

Third Person P.O.V

Cara smiled as she looked over to the black mist as Pyrrha watched still in shock that the black mist was (Y/n). It was hard for Cara to think of a proper way to explain what (Y/n) was to Pyrrha. On one hand, she could give her a short and simple answer like Professor Ozpin, but the caused their death last time. But on the other hand, explaining everything would be endangered (Y/n) safety with everyone with them. It wasn't that Cara didn't like Pyrrha, she cared for her as much as (Y/n), it was just they been betrayed far too many times that they needed to be cautious with the information they tell.

Cara: "I guess... the best answer is that he is still himself." she said honestly.

General Ironwood: "A monster." he stated.

Cara: "That's rich coming from someone who isn't fully human anymore." she stated harshly.

Professor Ozpin: "Enough! Let us move past this subject and continue on." he told them.

The two glared at one another making Pyrrha nervous so what she had gotten herself into. (Y/n) noticed her negative emotions and floated over to her and circled around her to get her attention. At first, Pyrrha was nervous with (Y/n) only to relax once she remembered that at the end of the day, (Y/n) was still (Y/n). She lifted her hand up to the black mist and (Y/n) floated down to her hand to swirl around like a miniature tornado before shrinking and hardening himself into a black metallic ring with a heart engraved on the side. Pyrrha looked at him curiously before grabbing him and putting him on her left ring finger and smiled as she lifted her hand up to her face.

Pyrrha: "I love you too." she whispered to him.

(Y/n) was taken aback by this. If he had a physical form, he would want to cry a bit. He was so used to people rejecting and betraying him once they discover what he really is. He was happy that she still cared even after seeing him in one of his true forms, but he was scared. What would she think when she finds out what he is.

After Cara and General Ironwood finally looked away from one another, they all continued towards the pods. Pyrrha could see the girl inside and had a feeling on who it was.

Pyrrha: "Is that?" she asked them.

Professor Ozpin: "The current Fall Maiden. Amber." he announced.

Pyrrha: "She's... still alive." she said in surprise.

General Ironwood: "For now. We're using state of the art Atlas technology to keep her stable. But there is a lot about this situation which is... unprecedented." he hesitated to say.

Pyrrha: "What do you mean?" she asked holding (Y/n) closer to her to calm herself.

General Ironwood: "Well, we don't know what will happen if- when she passes." he stated.

Pyrrha: "Won't her power just transfer to the next host?" she questioned remembering what they said earlier.

Qrow: "Look who's been listening. She is smart." he suddenly said out loud.

General Ironwood: "Under normal circumstances, yes. But this is a delicate situation. It's not uncommon for the last thoughts of the slain to be that of their attacker. And to make matters worse, no one's ever seen the power split like this before. For all we know, it will seek out its other half." he told her.