Chapter 15: The Decline

A/n: Sorry for the delay, thunder stormed knocked out power along with a good about of work I type.

(Y/n) = Your name

(S/c) = Skin color

(H/c) = Hair color

(F/c) = Favorite color

(F/l) = First letter

Third Person P.O.V

It's been a week since (Y/n)'s suspension and no one has seen him the entire time. The moment Ruby heard that (Y/n) was suspended, she attempted to find him, but she never could. It was as if he fell of the face of Remnant like he never existed to begin with. Team RWBY and team JNPR asked Maka where he was, but she said that he had to do some business to take care off.

Ruby would spend most of her free time waiting at the landing platform for (Y/n) to show up every week. She wanted to apologize to him for causing him so much trouble and getting him suspended. But he never came.

Yang noticed how quite Ruby had became. She talked less, rarely smiled, and stopped paying attention to things around her. She tried to cheer Ruby up by getting cookies for her. But she was shocked that Ruby didn't want any. Didn't want any! Yang was mentally freaking out when Ruby said this.

Blake was spending her time with Maka and trying to pry information out of her about (Y/n). She noticed that Maka seemed visibly shaken when she asked her on how was he. But she would say that he's fine, but isn't feeling so well. Blake thought it was strange and followed her, but Maka never once let Beacon.

Weiss on the other hand was doing some research. Like Ruby, she was worried sick about the suspension and disappearance of her boyfriend, but being worried wouldn't change the fact. She trusted that (Y/n) was fine and would be back. So she spend the week reading and researching everything in the notebook that belong to (Y/n) that she got when they all went into his secret room in the library.

She was fascinated by what she found in the notebook. She found several dates in the notebook and when she looked into the dates, she found out that they very important events in history. At first, Weiss assumed it was (Y/n)'s personal interest in history, but that was far from the truth. Because when she gather history books and looked up historical records online, she found two interesting things about the dates in the notebook. First, every historical event in the notebook revolved or included someone named (Y/n) Signal or his "descendants". Second, (Y/n) Signal and his descendants looked almost identical to (Y/n) with the only difference being their clothing, haircuts, or facial hair, if they had any. Weiss believed that (Y/n) was trying to look for relatives since he was a orphan in Vacuo. But one questioned always formed in the back of her mind when she looked up a event in the notebook. Why did they all die before any of them reached the age of thirty.

It was the afternoon and team RWBY was on their way to lunch until Ruby spotted Penny being escorted by Atlas soldiers towards the elevator that led to Professor Ozpin's office. She was curious to why Penny was there decided to say greet her and rushed in front of the soldiers with her semblance.

Ruby: "Hey Penny!" she said startling the soldiers when appearing in front of them.

Penny only smiled and greeted Ruby as the soldiers pointed their guns at her. Penny told them that it was fine and that she was a friend. They only looked at one another before looking back at Penny. The soldiers reminded Penny that they hadn't have time to waste at the moment. They moved aside to that Ruby could go near Penny and she walked up to her.

Ruby: "Why are you here?" she asked curiously.

Penny: "Hello Ruby! Mr. Ironwood said it was time to test to see if I could "save the world" and I was to meet him in Professor Ozpin's office." she announced to Ruby.