Chapter 40: The Key Part I

(Y/n) = Your name

(S/c) = Skin color

(H/c) = Hair color

(F/c) = Favorite color

[.....] = Texting/Writing

Third Person P.O.V

(Timeskip brought to you by General Ironwood visiting (Y/n)'s cell regularly)

Two days have come and gone since the election. The situation in Mantle hasn't improved yet and everyone is trying their best to help stabilize the situation. The issue was Robyn.

With her constant raids of supplies needed for Amity, progress hasn't come close to resuming. They needed to arrest her... or at the very least get her to stop. General Ironwood slowly came around to the idea of talking with Robyn thanks to (Y/n) efforts.

The issue was that (Y/n) was worried about things outside his control. People.

They were still looking for the mole who was leaking information. Robyn isn't guaranteed to come to the negotiation table. The people weren't even close to being calmed yet. There was also the issue of Jacques Schnee and him becoming a council member.

Then there was his issue of his unstable state and his urge.

General Ironwood pitched a few ideas on what was happening and maybe a temporary solution to his form. But (Y/n) doubts they were right or would work.

Team RWBY and JNPR did come and visit when they were free. They complained about how General Ironwood was dealing with the situation, but (Y/n) pushed back on them every time. He told them to have faith in General Ironwood and not to do anything reckless.

Reminding them that this isn't a normal situation they were in. (Y/n) understands the situation in Mantle and the hardships the people are going through but reminds them of the issue. They don't know where Salem's allies are or who is working with them.

The fact that Robyn is actively attacking Atlas military trucks was certainly not helping the situation and delayed vital time. None of them know how the other Kingdoms are fairing. For all they knew, they were here crying like children and the rest of the world could be under attack by Salem's forces.

First, they need to get Amity the supplies it needs. General Ironwood could tell everyone about Salem now, but there's no guarantee that the people of Atlas and Mantle will believe him or anyone else.

Second, get Amity up and running to warn the world. Once they do, they can better coordinate with the rest of the Kingdoms.

But even as he told them this... it felt that most of them weren't really listening before going off to their next missions. (Y/n) could only sigh at this.

People making the same mistakes as their forebears. Believing that they'll be the ones to get it right and not listening or learning from the past. He hopes that they'll understand before it's too late.

Because if the Gods return and humanity has not learned... they cannot convince them to not go through with it.

Naïve... after everything that had happened... they were so naïve.

(Y/n) was laying on the floor of his cell in his fox form as Maka sat on the other side of the energy shield. She was looking at her scroll for updates no doubt.

(Y/n): "Why must humans constantly argue over little things or fight over ideology?" he asked her.

Maka looked up from her scroll and at (Y/n) with a bit of a confused expression on her face. The question came out of nowhere for her as (Y/n) was silent for most of the day.