11: [PUNISHMENT]

LISA POV

"Did she like the flowers I sent to her?" I asked myself, lost in thought. I felt a nudge on my arm and looked at the person next to me, asking if they needed something.

"You're spacing out again. There are already a lot of customers," the person told me. I glanced at the front of the counter and let out a sigh.

"What's your order, ma'am?" I smiled, addressing the customer standing in front of the counter. She placed her order, and I asked her to wait for a seat for a moment.

I was currently working as a barista in Baby Chipmunk's newly opened coffee shop, as a punishment.

FLASHBACK:

I entered my apartment with a happy smile, but it quickly faded when I saw my four friends gathered in my small living room. The three of them were glaring at me, while the other one was grinning mischievously.

"Explain!" they exclaimed in unison. Jeongyeon, Seulgi, and Rose made me sit in front of them.

"H-Hi," I greeted them nervously.

"Don't 'HI' us, monkey. You've been out of the country for a week on a business meeting, and then we hear that you went on a date with a woman!" Seulgi exclaimed, feigning disappointment, while the other two nodded in agreement. I could see Cubby in the corner of my eyes, munching on popcorn like she was watching an incredible show. She should help me!

"I'm sorry," I murmured, ducking my head to avoid their gazes. "I was going to tell you guys, but I was so excited to see Jennie. I wanted to wait until she agreed to let me court her." I added, still keeping my head low.

"You mean JENNIE RUBY JANE KIM!?" Jeongyeon asked in disbelief. Cubby and I nodded. I looked at her, confused.

"You know her?" I asked.

"Well, duh... She's the famous CEO of RJK Corporation here in Korea," Rosè answered me. Oh, that's why everyone was looking at her when she guided us to the VVIP room during the dinner. I nodded, understanding now.

"You hit the jackpot, huh?" Seulgi Bear teased me, and I blushed.

"Don't change the topic, Bear!" Cubby glared at her. "Explain," she stated firmly. I thought I would explain everything briefly, from the dinner with Jennie's family to the dinner date I had with Jennie, but I was constantly interrupted by their teasing and never-ending questions. They all nodded, wiggling their eyebrows when I finished my story.

"For your punishment..." Jeongyeon said, pondering.

"I thought you guys were already okay with it?" I asked nervously.

"Do you have anything in mind, Bear?" Jeongyeon asked, turning to Seulgi. Seulgi shook her head, indicating that she didn't have any ideas.

"I have one," Cubby chimed in. Oh, she's still here? Haha. "Chipmunk is going to reopen her coffee shop, right? Monkey can work as a barista there, so your newly opened coffee shop will have a lot of customers since Monkey will attract them." I turned to Cubby, looking at her in disbelief. I thought she was on my side! I felt betrayed and pouted.