61: [ SAD ]

JENNIE POV

“What!?” I asks angrily. The room kept silent but my blood is starting to boil what’s so ever news it is, I’m gonna kill that bitch out.

Like how dare is she!

“The hell! Tell me what happened!” I shouted again making the two of them flinch. I saw Lili facepalm herself while looking at Seulgi in disbelief. Seulgi made a peace sign and was about to run but I catch her ears before she could do it.
“Y-yah, Kim. My ears will bleed.” She whine trying to lose my grip from her.

“No, Seulgi-yah. I want a full explanation from the thing you said just now.” I ordered.

“I-I don’t know the full story, Jen. W-we just heard the news from Cubby. I swear, I didn’t know the full story.” She answered stuttering while pointing at Chaeyoung.

“Huhu, Babe. Help me.” She pleaded to Irene unnie making her shook her head.

“Let go of my woman, Mandu. I can do it for you.” Irene unnie said and Seulgi look at her in disbelief.

“Tsk. I wasn’t even gripping at it.” I said and let go of her ears.

“Hehe.” Seulgi sheepishly said and went running to her girlfriend. I look back at my girlfriend telling her to explain everything. I’m still mad, really mad. How dare she slap my Lili!? But why? I wonder while I look at my woman.

“Come on, Hun. I’ll explain it with them.” She sigh deeply and went to grab my hand leading me to the couch where her friends and mine are seated.

We are now comfortably seated with our partners while my friends and I wait for an explanation, Chaeyoung said in a serious tone. “Alright, I’ll go first and explain, and the rest will be handled by Lali.”
"Well, first of all, as all of you know, the head of security handling this building is under Lali's men. Lali discovered something suspicious about one of Jennie unnie's employees, as well as the head of security. As a result, Lali ordered an investigation into that employee. It turns out that the employee managed to get inside this company without the knowledge of the head of security. Furthermore, it turns out that the employee is a criminal with multiple cases," she explained, causing our friends to gasp. I felt confused but continued to wait for her to provide further information.

"After further investigation, things became more complicated. That's why we arranged for someone to ensure everyone's safety. As of this afternoon, the suspicious employee has been apprehended by Lali's men," Chaeyoung concluded.

I should be angry right now since I wasn't informed about it first, but instead, I feel relieved and grateful that Lili handled it on my behalf. Sensing her anger just by sitting beside her, I reach out and hold Lili's hand as she gazes into the distance.

"So, who is that employee?" Irene Unnie asks, looking directly at Chaeyoung.

"He's Jennie Unnie's intern, Kim Jongin, also known as Kai," she answered, causing another round of gasps from my friends. My heart suddenly sank at the revelation.

“The son of b*tch! Oh Ghad! Thank goodness Limario caught him already! F*ck how did he even step into this building!?” Chichu ask fumingly. Woah, it’s been a while since she got angry like this. Well, I don’t want to argue with it she’s always like this when it comes to us.

“Language, Kim Jisoo.” Hubby warn Chichu making her do a peace sign.

“Yes. Before I could get his file it should be pass on the HS for a background check.” Mina added looking at her girlfriend in confusion.