20: [SECRETARY]

JENNIE POV

I entered the entrance of my company, and the guards greeted me with a bow, opening the door for me

I entered the entrance of my company, and the guards greeted me with a bow, opening the door for me. I had woken up early today to finish the work I had left unfinished yesterday. I probably shouldn't have left it, considering the event is approaching, but my priority was my Lili.

Walking towards the elevator, I noticed employees bowing as I passed by. I stood in front of the elevator, waiting for it to open. While waiting, I heard some murmurs and noise coming from my left, near the receptionist area.

There was a small gathering near the reception area, and I couldn't see what was happening from a distance

There was a small gathering near the reception area, and I couldn't see what was happening from a distance. Curiosity got the better of me, so I decided to approach and find out.

"It's the Head Manager again."

"She always treats the employees under her like that."

"She doesn't even do her own job and lets others do it for her."

I overheard murmurs as I neared the reception area. When I arrived, I witnessed a woman in uniform smacking an employee and scolding her.

"You're so stupid! I told you to bring the package here, and you didn't come back. So stupid!" she berated, continuing to smack the employee.

"I was only gone for 5 minutes, Ms.," the employee replied, her eyes filled with tears as she bowed her head.

"How dare you talk back to me!" the woman was about to strike the employee again.

"I think you need to stop right there," I intervened, my tone icy cold. I couldn't tolerate such situations in my company.

The employees were shocked to see me and immediately bowed their heads as a sign of respect.

"And who are yo— M-Ms. Kim?!" the woman stammered, her sentence left unfinished as soon as she recognized me. Her face turned pale, and I could see her trembling in fear..

"Yes, it is. Now both of you, tell me your names and your positions here," I pointed at the two individuals who were the cause of the commotion.

"I-I... Umm... R-Rebecca Y--" "Speak properly, will you!" I cut her off, causing both of them to flinch, along with the employees who were witnessing the scene. The employees were about to return to their work, but I instructed them to stay.