Petals

(HI EVERYONE! I know...should I even bother updating after so long? Well, I feel like it and maybe someone will still want to see what happens next, so, here ya go!)
__________

After hiding the body of the man you had just defeated, the two of you searched him for identification or a sign of some sort of affiliation since there wasn't an obvious headband present. Only a hint was found, and it was a burr stuck to his clothing. You studied plants for a while in school, and recognized this as the seed of the SinSin Grass, only found in the old Land of Ash. The lands are now split between four countries, so the man could have been from any of them. Kakashi thought it best to continue forward and report this attack to the Hokage once the mission was complete. It seemed like it may have been an isolated incident, but you made a suggestion for added safety.

"Kakashi, maybe we should make a clone to send news to the village about this. We aren't too far away to send one, and this guy was too close to the village for comfort. We've barely traveled a few hours." Your voice sounded worried.

"It takes a lot of chakra to have a clone so far away, and I think he was alone since I can't sense anyone else nearby. You should save your energy after a battle like that. I'll send one of my Ninken to get a message to the Village." He responded.

He swiftly summoned Pakkun, his ninja dog. After a brief request, the Pug was on his way to deliver the message to the village.

The two of you marched forward, but rather than going back to conversation, you were quiet. Talking only lead to distraction, and with how this mission was going so far, you two needed to be focused. You weren't planning to fail another mission.

After an hour or so, Kakashi broke the silence.

"(Y/N), I know your Sharingan is fully activated, but I feel that in that battle you just had, you were much more advanced than that. At one point, you were moving before the enemy moved. Not reacting to his muscle movements, but something more...." He drifted off. You knew where this was going.

"... I couldn't see you use any jutsu. Heck, Maybe you're just stronger than I give you credit for. I can't help but feel that your training with the Hokage was something special though." He finished and looked at you for a response.

"Yeah, Sarutobi is the best teacher I've ever had. He's unlocked some strength inside me that wasn't there before. I think you're just sensing that." You played it cool and didn't give him much more information than that.

As you finished your sentence and looked down, you noticed a vine growing up the trees. It's rich green leaves weren't very distinguishable from other vining plants, but it's flower was. It's bright red petals belonged in the Land of Ash, where the soil was more fertile and acidic, and the sun hot. The plant wouldn't survive in the forest with filtered light and low nutrient levels.

Another red flower in the distance caught your eye. It was another one of the same plant. Something wasn't right.

"Kakashi...do you see those flowers?" You asked.

As soon as he went to turn his head, a Kunai came plunging out of the mouth of one of the flowers. Then, ninja stars followed suit.

Both of you sprang into the trees, the first kunai barely grazing Kakashi's ankle while in the air.

"Hmph, this has to be related to the last guy. The SinSin Grass seed and now the Jaizen Flowers." You thought to yourself as the vines once attached to the trees went up in smoke.

"They weren't real. Someone has to be nearby" Kakashi whispered to you in the branches as a breeze bent around you. You responded promptly and just as quiet.

"I don't sense any Chakra this time. They're definitely hiding."